c h a p t e r • 2

-no one is stealing our food Aunt Levi-

Lili's PoV

"Honey, your father is sick. Please come back. We need you." My mum says on the phone.

"How sick is he?" I asked concerned.

"He has cancer." My mum says.

"I'm coming back home." I say and hang up.

"Aunt Levi!!!!" I yelled as I rushed downstairs, almost tripping on my own foot.

"Yes?!" She yells from the kitchen.

"Emergency!!!" I yell back.

She emerges from the kitchen waving her spatula around.

"What happened?! Are you okay?! Who's stealing our food?!" She shouts.

"I'm fine. No one is stealing our food aunt Levi." I say.

"Oh, then what's the emergency?" She asks.

"My mum just called and told me my dad is sick and he has cancer. I need to go back." I say almost bursting into tears.

"Oh shit. How bad is it?" She asks me.

"I don't know I hung up before I could ask anything else." I say.

"Okay then, you should go and pack your stuff Lili. Do you need any help?" She asks.

"No. I'm fine." I say sniffling a little.

"Don't worry, honey. Your dad's a strong man."

"He is. I'll go pack my stuff." I say and head upstairs.

I walk into my room.

I look around. I'm gonna miss this room. I might not come back anymore and I might as well just continue life at California.

I mean, I've been gone for awhile. I guess it's time to finally go back to that hell hole. I mean school.

It's in the middle of the year, those idiots won't know what's coming.

Muahahahahahah! I'll be like one of those stories where the ugly, bullied nerd, comes back as a hot and sexy badass.

Oh right, I need to pack my stuff. Which is going to be a hell lot of boringness. Is that a word? Well, it is now.

-•-

4 hours later...

"I HATE PACKING!!" I shout.

"LILI ARE YOU DONE?!!" Aunt Levi shouts from downstairs.

"YUP!" I shout from my room.

I bring like 5 of my bags or 6 downstairs. You're probably wondering how I did that all on my own.

It's easy. All I did was slide my suitcases down the stairs. Except for the ones with my electronics. I'd be left with pieces of my MacBook if I threw it down the stairs.

"That's my girl." Aunt Levi says as she sees my suitcases sliding down the stairs. I just grinned.

"Come on, let's go the airport." She says sadly.

I looked at her sadly.

"Okay."  I say.

We get in the car, bringing in the stuff as slow as possible while chatting about everything.

-•-

We arrive at the airport and do all the stuff.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." Aunt Levi says while hugging me tightly. I do the same.