CH.03 : Distraction

Are you down to be a distraction, baby?

But don't distract me, let me ask you, baby
Do you, do you,do you do you wanna be
A distraction, baby?
Do you, do you,do you do you wanna be
Yeah, yeah
Are you down to be a distraction, baby?
But don't distract me, let me ask you, baby
Do you, do you,do you do you wanna be
A distraction, baby?
Do you, do you,do you do you wanna be

_Kehlani

Taylor's POV

As soon as she walked out, I painfully slapped myself. The sound of the slap thundered inside the room leaving behind a very loud echo. My cheek stung, I deserved it; what the hell was I trying to do sleeping with a straight one night stand. I peeled away from the spot where I was standing, went to the bathroom and splashed my face with cold water.

"Wake up Chase," I said to the woman staring back at me in the bathroom mirror.

I went back to the bedroom and got my duffle bag, fixed the bed then headed out of the room. As soon as I stepped out in the hallway, memories of yesterday swirled in my head. How her moans made me want to rip off her clothes and fuck her till we both fell into a deep slumber, how our tongues twirled around, dancing and making love to each other, how soft her lips were and how sexy her giggle sounded when we were disturbed by Lord knows who.

I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts but they devoured me more when I stepped inside the elevator. I couldn't help but remember how I so badly needed her, how I pushed her against these same elevator walls that I'm leaning against, how kissing her made me feel something different, something I've never felt before.

Oh no not this again Chase.

I face-palmed myself, I can't be feeling stuff like that; I'm not supposed to feel any shit. The elevator doors dinged and opened. I checked myself out of the hotel then stepped out, feeling the hot air hit my face. I took a deep sigh.

"I'm sorry."

Her words stung just like the effects of the slap I awarded myself with.

"I just_I'm not you know, a lesbian and I uhh I get that girls like girls like boys do but I'm not that type of girl."

Why am I even thinking of her? I'm never going to see her again, she was a one night stand and she said some really shitty stuff, in other words, she kinda hurt me. I know I'm a heartless piece of shit and it's rare that I take to consideration what people say about me or whatever that concerns me but I felt what she said, her diction killed me inside.

Chase got hurt by a one night stand, so pathetic.

I hailed a cab and after telling the driver where I was headed I took out my phone, plugged my earphones and let the music take me to another world. Kehlani's song Distraction came on and my stupid mind wandered back to her again. I pictured her body against mine, I unconsciously smiled when I thought about how much she bit her lower lip, it was adorable and it turned me on a lot. I wondered what her name was, I never wonder about my one night stands names so it bothered me a little why hers seemed to matter so much. I wondered if she was also thinking of me or if she'd put what happened between us aside and moved on with her life, after all we weren't ever going to meet again. I looked outside the window and noticed that we had arrived at the airport, the driver found a spot to park his car and when he had, I paid him and went out; my dufflebag slung on my shoulder.

I went inside and straight to check-in. After the whole boring check-in procedure, I went to the waiting area. The moment I had nothing to do other than wait, my mind was back to her. Maybe I should have asked for her number or something. What the fuck am I saying? I sighed and internally face-palmed myself. First, I almost slept with her twice, something I don't do no matter how drop dead gorgeous someone is. Secondly, I almost slept with her when I had figured out she's straight. The number one rule is Never Sleep With A Straight Woman, and I broke it, consciously. And now, regardless of knowing that she's straight I'm still thinking about her. I still so very much want to see her, touch her and just feel her presence.

I laughed at myself, 'and just feel her presence'; since when do I care more about just someone's presence and not sex. I realised I was slowly losing my mind, she was making me lose my mind and I had to stop myself from doing that. I had to but I couldn't, I kept on being distracted, she kept on being my distraction and just the thought of her was enough to make my stomach swell up with butterflies...

Wait what!?

I mentally slapped myself, what the fuck is wrong with me?

"Chase, get a grip on yourself. Stop thinking shit and just flush her out of your mind," I told myself.

It's not possible for me to feel butterflies, that's very dumb and it's childlike and it doesn't exist. So I'm not feeling any butterflies, maybe my stomach hurts, it's gotta be something else...not any stupid butterflies. I sighed, then as if I'd been asleep and suddenly been woken up by being splashed by cold water, I jumped off from where I was. My name was being called through the airport speakers which could only mean the plane was about to depart. Damn that woman for making me forget what was actually going on at the moment. I rushed to my flight and not luckily enough it had been the second call and a second late would have ended up with me stuck in this airport wondering what my next move would be after getting left by the plane.

A very beautiful air hostess looked at me and smiled as I handed my boarding pass. She checked it then let me in, I went ahead to my seat. After locating my seat, I opened the overhead compartment and put my dufflebag inside. My mind was so far away that I hadn't realised before that there was someone occupying my seat. It was a man and he was speaking to a woman, I looked at him and found him uninteresting but then when I looked at the woman, my heart sorta froze for a moment then melted so gleefully when it sunk in my head that it truly was her. I frowned a little, realising that the man was trying to get her number and shit so I interrupted. I wasn't jealous, I just wanted my seat back and anyways I had to sit down.

"Excuse me, can you get up," I said, directing my words to the guy, but I didn't fail to miss my one night stands reaction when she heard my voice. I hoped she still remembered how I sound like, I still remember how she sounds like so it's only fair that she does too. As if she'd read my mind, she lifted up her head to look at me but I shifted my gaze and glared at the guy instead. I didn't want her to think I was looking at her, plus I now really wanted to sit down and this guy's presence was greatly starting to irritate me. So I waited for him to say something like sorry and just get up and leave.