xvi

• • •

• • •

How to fall in love? When someone shows you their soul, show yours in return because this is how lovers meet, an act of courage and an act of surrender.

Julian has longed for these hands to be entwined with hers, for her lips to be so passionately pressed against his, for their bodies to be tangled up in this mess they call love, and for their souls to finally breathe in the same air.

"I never liked the idea of being owned, but for some reason, being yours doesn't sound half bad," Alena admits as she puts on the jersey with his name in the back.

Julian laughs as he hugs her. "Damn, it looks way better on you and it will ever on me," He declares and now she is the one laughing.

"I know," She says grinning.

"I love it when you are confident," He smiles brightly.

"And I love you," She says.

Alena is going for the first time since they started dating one of his games. She is excited and since she felt a bit nervous about going alone, Julian invited his brothers to accompany her.

Julian loves the fact she gets along with all of his family, she was the missing piece of his puzzle. His family has a strong affection towards the young girl thanks to her beautiful personality. His mother believes that when two people are in love with each other, you can see it in their eyes. The way they look at each other, the way they stare at each other, it's all there. Their eyes are full of admiration, of attraction, of undying feelings for each other. Their eyes twinkle, their eyes are smiling. Even if they didn't say a word about it, there's this invisible thread connecting them two.

"Can you lend me one of your paintbrushes?" He asks her and she frowns confused.

"Sure, but why?" She wonders as she walks into her living room and opens a drawer to get one of them out. "A big one or a small one?"

"A small one," He shrugs.

"Here," She gives it to him. "Are you interest in art now?" She raises her brows.

"Yes," He replies with a smile before kissing her forehead.

Julian left first to go with his team and Alena just waited for his brothers to pick her up.

With a few laughs, they made into the stadium. They all got something to eat to enjoy the game and they were happy that Julian is starting. Alena gets so proud of him.

The game started and the yellow team is losing by one goal.

"Do you think they will win?" She asks Jannis.

"They can do whatever they propose to do, I think they just need motivation," He responds.

At the 77' minute, Julian rises up and heads Hazard's cross into the bottom corner to equalize the game. Alena and the whole stadium jump from their seats to scream his goal.

What surprises Alena is the most is that he runs to the corner where she is and someone from the front row gives him the paintbrush and celebrates the goal by pretending he is painting on the air before throwing a kiss into her direction.

Alena's cheeks burn bright red as her heart feels warms and her stomach fills with butterflies, on the other hand, his brothers laugh and the three of them hug each other's, the brunette still amazed by her boyfriend's celebration.

For Julian, Alena is far greater than just a work of art. She is an artist. She painted his sky, his sun, and his moon. She painted colors in his heart that were unimaginable. She made him feel like he was her masterpiece.

THE END

• • •

thank u endlessly
for reading and voting this story,
i love you all <3