viii

•••

•••

Her cheeks are red but she can't speak, anything she wants to say can ruin a lot of things, so she just smiles and looks through the window again as the soft music from the radio accompanies both of them.

Once the car stops in front of a beautiful and huge house, she gets all nervous and Julian notices it.  Alena's hands are resting on her legs, Julian grabs her hand and squeezes it softly. "Hey," He murmurs as their eyes lock. "You'll be okay," He smiles.

Alena closes her eyes and suspires deeply. "Let's do this," She mumbles and Julian lets go of her hand to leave the car. Before she is even able to open the door for herself he is already there. 

Julian sticks his hand out for her to grab. "My lady," He jokes receiving a soft chuckle in response, he is trying to calm her down but he will need to try harder.

She grabs his hand as she intertwines their fingers. He leads her to the front door and rings the bell. A few seconds later, a blonde young man appears with questioning eyes. He stares at Alena for a few seconds before switching his eyes towards Julian.

"You made it!" The unknown man speaks as a smile grows on his face. "I'm Mario," He introduces himself to the young lady.

"Alena," She shortly replies.

"I can't believe you are actually real," He adds making Julian roll his eyes, Alena looks at Julian confused and Mario notices. "I mean, Julian spoke about having a girlfriend but since he never wanted to show her we all thought she wasn't real, but here you are!" He explains.

"Well, you know how Julian is," She starts while placing her arm around him. "Pretty reserved," She adds smiling at him. But the young german's face is quite red and feeling ashamed.

Mario offers a short laugh as he makes the couple come inside his home. After walking around the house as he introduces the girl to his wife and the other teammates and wives or girlfriends as soon as they arrived, Alena tries her harder to talk to Julian, in private but her task is kind of difficult now that the german is involved in a conversation with his friends.

Alena stands in the corner of the room holding a glass of water uncomfortable and awkward. Her anxiety is killing her. Her insecurities are consuming her as well, she is in a room full of pretty and wealthy people where she is just a ghost to all of them.

She tries checking on her phone from time to time to not seem so lonely but she has no signal.

"Why do I feel like I know you?" A familiar voice scares her and she turns around to see her neighbor's best friend.

"Maybe because you do," She shrugs.

Kai stares at her trying to find out from where he has seen her beautiful face, but oh, he has seen too many.

"I could use a little help," He suggests making her smile.

"The problem is," She starts. "You could know me from two different places, whereas is the bar or your best friend's apartment complex."

The german's eye opens wide, now fully remembering who she is. "You are Julian's neighbor!" He states happily and she chuckles nodding. "What are you doing here?" He then asks confused.

Alena opens her mouth to respond but Julian is faster. "Because she is my girlfriend," He interrupts their conversation with a bitter tone.

Kai frowns as he stares at her and then him. "Yeah, and I play for Real Madrid," He ironically replies but the couple remains in silence. "It can't be true," He mutters.

"Why?" Alena wonders.

"Because you are not even his type," He admits and if Alena was insecure before now digging a hole and burying herself alive seems like the best option.

"That's not true," Julian quickly speaks. "Since when do you know who my type is?" He asks annoyed.

"I'm your best friend, I know you like the palm of my hand, Julian and I," Kai's words are cut short by Alena's.

"I don't wanna hear it," She states intensely. "Just, save it," She adds almost with a broken voice. She pushes both germans out of her sight and walks straight to the exit, on her way she leaves her glass on top of a table.

On the other hand, Julian glares at his friend and wants to yell him and insult him in every way possible for making the girl of his dreams feel insecure, but it's not the time or place, he can't let her go, at least not like this.