i

•••

•••

As Alena accommodates the glasses and alcoholic beverages on top of the bar, ready to use them this night, she hears her boss approximate.

"Hurry!" He states throwing his hands all over the place and Alena just rolls her eyes in response which he can't see thanks to the dim lights. "The bar opens in five minutes, " He warns before walking away.

"I'm on it, " She just sighs to herself and keeps doing her job.

A few minutes later the bar fills, like it happens every night. Alena has been working there for over two years and since then all she wants to do is quit it.

"Hello, Miss, " A strong accent interrupts her thoughts after two hours of working.

"Sorry, " She quickly glances at the blonde boy in front of her quickly recognizing him, it's no other than her neighbor. "How may I help you?" She asks pointing to the drinks realizing he is not one of her usual clients, so she has no idea what he drinks.

He stares at the drinks and denies with his head. "No, I don't need a drink just that I spilled a drink on me and I need a towel, " He speaks referring to his clothes.

Alena frowns the dim light and spots a dark quickly grabs a towel and soaks it a bit before pressing into the boy's chest, he clearly hasn't recognized her at all. The doubts she always had that his neighbor never paid attention to her are now one hundred percent confirmed.

"Thanks," He smiles politely as he grabs the wet towel himself.

"No problem," She sighs and turns around to keep making drinks.

"I am sorry," He interrupts her again a few seconds later. "Do we know each other's?" He asks confused quite finding her face familiar, she simply nods.

"I was actually expecting you to," She jokes making him even more confused. "Seriously?" She raises a brow and he, ashamed of himself, denies slowly with his head. "Great," She simply shrugs and goes back to her work leaving the blonde boy astonished.

"Aren't you going to tell me?" He insists and she just denies with a smile.

"Find it out on your own," She responds making him gasp.

"Was it a one night stand?" He asks and she laughs in response.

"You wish," She smirks. "You are really that clueless," She adds while serving vodka to one of her loyal clients, who is seated beside Julian.

"Might at least know your name?" He questions her and she nods.

"Alena,"

He thinks about that name and where he heard it before but he just can't remember, simple as that. "Do you know mine?" He hesitates to ask.

"I do Julian, you and all your friends' name," She smiles.

"Well, that is easy because of my profession," He shrugs.

"I wish it was because of that," She admits remembering that all the times she heard his name, it was either his friends being pissed off at him while playing video games or just girls moaning his name. "Walls are thin, Julian, and I already gave you too much information, find the rest on your own," She winks before walking to the kitchen leaving him speechless.

Her break is starting and all she enjoys is going outside and smoking a cigarette. She lays on the wall while thinking about her young neighbor, maybe he has no idea about her because she is always alone and has no one to scream out her name too. But, she is not afraid of being alone. Indeed, in small doses, she finds it a relief—the presence of people she loves overburdens her heart. The times when she thinks of them from a distance are restful breaks.