xiii

• • •

• • •

Alena raises a brow and before she can even reply, Julian is behind her.

"Emily!" He smiles widely. "She is my cousin," He whispers to her ear and Alena can feel her whole body relaxing.

Alena has been a victim of cheating in the past, that is one of the reasons why she is so insecure. She would never put herself in that position, to be the side chick, she sees herself as a feminist and she would never take another women's crown to make herself feel good.

"Julian," The girl replies also with a smile and Alena moves to a side so they can hug, which they do but before Emily offers her a smile.

"This is Alena," He introduces the short brunette.

"Nice to meet you," She speaks as she extends her hand and Emily takes it. 

"Anyway, I was about to leave so I leave you two to catch up," Alena quickly wants to disappear because she feels she is a nuisance.

"Wait," Julian grabs her arm. "You can make yourself comfortable," He tells his cousin who nods and gets inside the apartment, knowing that was a signal for her to leave them both alone. "Where are you going?" He asks fully focusing on Alena.

"Home," She points to the door in front of her.

"Why?" He frowns. "You haven't even had breakfast yet,"

"I have at my house, don't worry," She gives him a smile. "Now go and catch up with her, she looks excited,"

Julian denies with his head not wanting to let her go. "I believe we are having lunch at my parents' house, can you come?" He wonders.

Alena is taken by surprise by his question. "Do you want me to meet your parents?" She questions him and he nods nervously.

"And my brothers," He adds.

"Are you sure?" She asks and he glares at her, knowing how much he hates when she is insecure. 

"One hundred percent sure," He assures her anyway.

Alena tilts her head to the side nervously. "Okay," She agrees and Julian almost jumps in excitement.

"Thank you," He plants a kiss on her lips surprising her, she giggles at his reaction.

"Now go," She pushes him while chuckling and he stays standing on his door until she fully enters her apartment. 

Once she closes the door he turns around to see his cousin standing there. "You had this secret well kept," She wiggles her eyebrows as his cheeks turn rosy. "Do you love her?"

"I don't know," He responds honestly. "I don't know if I'm in love with her or in love with the way she always makes me feel. Like she is the center of my world because sometimes I believe she is. I would do anything for her."