iii

•••

•••

"Do you know each other's?" Kai is the first one to speak after an awkward silence between the three.

"I know him but he doesn't know me," Alena responds. "I'm Alena," She sticks her hand out to Kai first, who shakes it confidently and then to Julian, who stills a bit confused about this whole situation.

"I'm Kai," He introduces himself.

"I know," Alena responds. "Kai and Julian, how could I not know that?" She smiles to herself.

"Oh, you are a fan?" Kai asks curving his lips but Alena quickly denies with her head.

"No, but the walls are thin and every single time you are screaming at each other's because one of you loses at, what I believe, is FIFA, I hear your names being shouted." She explains.

"I'm sorry but for how long have you been living here?" Julian wonders interrupting her.

"Before you," She simply responds shrugging.

"How did we never cross paths?" He insists.

"We did, multiple times but a few of them you were drunk and others you just didn't seem to care," She shrugs.

Kai glares at his friend for his behavior. "He tends to be like that," He adds making her chuckle.

Julian does not like this situation where his best friend, wins the cute girl next door.

"Anyways, why are you at my door?" Alena now wonders and Julian blushes.

"The truth, Julian wanted to know who lives beside him," Kai speaks pissing Julian off.

"The actual truth is that Kai wanted to know who lives beside me," He defends himself and Kai is the one blushing one.

Alena stares between both of the young boys, trying to know which one is lying.

"It's fine, now you know who am I and can go on with your lives," She smiles and both boys get the indirect by smiling too and turning around, Kai already opening the door.

Julian turns around to face her one more time before speaking. "I'm sorry for interrupting your singing session," He winks with all the confidence approaching his body all of the sudden.

Alena's cheek turns red. "You heard that?" She wonders.

"Loud and clear," He smiles. "Walls are thin," He remembers her phrase.

"I'm glad you are learning," She says one last time before closing the door.

Julian enters his place to meet with a happy Kai.

"Thank God we did that, she is gorgeous," Kai says and Julian just rolls his eyes.

"What a shame you don't live in town," He responds smirking and Kai sighs.

"Still, it would mean more time visiting you," He winks and Julian frowns.

"Remember the rule, not sisters not neighbors," Julian speaks.

"The rule never says a word about neighbors," Kai jokes. "I know you like her Ju, don't you worry I won't steal her out from you," He jokes making Julian's face red, once again.

"Shut up," He just answers and Kai laughs knowing he is right, then they both take a seat in front of the TV again to keep playing.

On the other side, Alena starts watching one of her favorite TV shows, Ballers, as she proceeds to eat her lasagna.

Somehow, she can't get Julian out of her head, every little thing makes her think about him and she does not like that.

She is known for being in a short relationship, she can love you as fast as she can leave you and she knows that, and she hates that about herself. But Julian just seems different and she also does not like it.

In a matter of seconds, she decides to look up for her neighbor's name on the internet. She is not dumb, she knows he is a football player but that is all she knows about him.

Once the internet tells her that her neighbor is playing this weekend for the local team, she cannot help but call one of her few friends, Pietro, who is, for her luck, a Dortmund fan.

While dialing the tone she bites her nails. "Pronto," Her Italian friend replies fast.

"Pietro, are you going to the game this Saturday?" She goes straight to the subject making her friend chuckle a little.

"I might, why?" He asks confused. "What is all this sudden interest in the sport?"

"Well, if you go, mind taking me along with you?" She wonders.

"Do you have a fever? Are you okay?" He asks sarcastically knowing how much his friend hates the sport. "Of course I'll take you Al, but then you will have to tell me why," He assures.

"Thank you!" She replies. "I have a surprise for you after the game," She smiles even though he can't see her. Her friend has no idea that a football player from his favorite team lives next door to Alena.

"I wonder what it is," He responds not excited at all.

"I promise you will like it," She confidently says and her friend ends up accepting.

"I'll text you later the details," Pietro declares before they say their goodbyes and end the call.

Alena gets a bit anxious, it will be pretty strange to see his neighbor on the pitch with thousands of people cheering out his name, but something about him is making her nervous and she has to find out why.