ix

•••

•••

"Alena, where are you going?" Julian rapidly follows her behind as both of the youngsters leave the house.

"None of your business," She shortly replies as she tries to disappear from his sight.

 "Please, don't let anything Kai said get to your head," He insists as he tries to grab her arm but she is quicker as she brushes him off.

"Don't touch me," She states and keeps walking to nowhere.

Alena is in an unknown neighborhood so she could walk for hours and would always end up in the same place. Nonetheless, Julian is behind her all the time, he is not letting her by herself.

"Alena, I beg you to stop and talk to me," He pleads but she is too prideful to even look at him. "What did I do wrong?" He asks frustrated.

"Just," She suddenly turns around facing him and taking him by surprise. "Why did you bring me here?" She wonders.

Julian remains in silence, not wanting to answer that, not wanting to scare her away.

She stares at him intensely waiting for a response but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen any time soon. "I don't even fit in there and you left me alone the whole time, I was like a ghost, no one noticed my existence!" She reproaches to him angrily. "I made a fool of myself, that was frustrating and embarrassing," She continues.

"Please, stop," He sighs. "I am really sorry, sorry for everything," He sounds genuine but Alena isn't easy to forgive.

"Why did you do it?" She insists and he looks at the ground. He opens his mouth to speak but she interrupts him again. "The truth,"

Julian gives her a quick look before speaking. "I needed an excuse to spend more time with you," He openly admits.

"You what?" Her voice sounds ashamed.

"Please, don't make me repeat it," He begs but she doesn't reply, instead, she starts laughing.

Julian stares at her bemused at her reaction. "You can't be serious," She spats and laughs one more time.

"Why?" He questions her confused.

"Why would you want to spend time with me?" She asks like it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Because you are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on," He truthfully responds making her blush but Alena can't contain her nervousness so she laughs once again.

"I can't believe this," She suspires trying to calm herself down. "Am I being recorded? Is this a prank?" She asks him.

"You have me here, in the middle of an unknown neighborhood, opening up and you think it's a joke?" Julian responds annoyed.

"Well, I'm sorry, I have never been told these things before," Alena defends herself ashamed. "What do you want me to do? Kiss you?" She jokes with a smile.

"Yes, that is exactly what I am expecting from you," Julian replies seriously and Alena frowns.

"What?" She mutters, Julian rolls his eyes as she opens her mouth to speak again but her words are interrupted now by his lips on hers.