Chapter 49: Sick Of It

Those three words echoed inside Serena's mind like a broken record. Her jaw hung ajar as she stared at Paul with a dumbstruck look on her face. Tierno and Serenity were glancing between the two siblings, looking very confused. Blue was calling an Officer Jenny on his cell phone while everyone else was just staring ahead, mostly murmuring stuff like, "Red and Blue are here! Yay, we're saved!" and "Wait, what did that boy call her?!"

Tierno shot an angry glare towards Paul and shouted, "HONEYCAKE?! HEY! WHO GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO USE A NICKNAME FOR MY PRINCESS?!" He scowled, but never took his eyes off his sister.

"'Your Princess'? I only allow one person to call her that. And guess what. it's not you, you Team Skull scumbag!" Paul shot back. Tierno flinched while a headache made Serena stumble and hold her head. Nobody actually saw Mallow, Tsareena, Red, Inferno, Voltage, Blue, who had hung up his phone, and Blastoise smirk.

"Why, you-" Tierno got interrupted.

"Shut your damn mouth, or I'll beat you up worse than he did! You think you can drug Sere's mind without me knowing about it?! You are a pathetic fool who would do anything to get whoever you want!" Paul retorted nastily. Tierno winced in fear while Serena's headache intensified even more. Weavile was taken aback, since he never saw his trainer this passionate.

"And Nihilego, don't think I haven't forgotten about you. You are the bane of my family's existence, you disgusting, worthless, pathetic lowlife!" Paul hissed out venomously. Everyone besides those who knew froze.

'Your family? Who are you, a cousin of hers like that one girl...what was her name again...oh, I remember now...Leaf?!' Serenity asked nonchalantly. Paul's expression darkened.

"The real Serena would never forget me. The real Serena would never forget my brother, Reggie. The real Serena would never forget our mother besides the 'grudge' you apparently still hold over Rhyhorn racing. The real Serena would never forget our father outside of the shit you put him through. And the real Serena wouldn't forget the old saying: 'Never give up until the very end!'." he stated. Serena's head throbbed harder as tears slowly dripped down her cheeks. Tierno and Serenity frowned upon hearing that annoying catchphrase for the second time in two days while Mallow, Red, Blue, and their Pokemon's smirks only grew. Paul then took his family photo out of his pocket and held it up for the Ultra Beast and the Team Skull member to see.

"I usually go by the name of Paul Gabena, but my name is actually Paul Yvonne, the son of Calem Yvonne. And that is my sister you're intoxicating, vile creature!" he exclaimed with hatred coursing through his veins. Everybody except for Serenity, who was shaken up, Serena, Red, Blue, and their Pokemon let their jaws drop in shock from the revelation.

Tierno gulped before muttering to himself, "Shit...Serena has two brothers?! That is bad."

"...Pathetic." Serena uttered with her body shaking and her arms going limp.

"Fight the neurotoxin, sis! THIS ISN'T YOU! THIS ISN'T THE LITTLE SISTER I KNOW! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GIRL WHO MADE MOM STOP HARRASSING YOU OVER RHYHORN RACING?!" Paul shouted, placing his photo back in his pocket.

"Shut up." Serena said a little louder than before. Her eyes glowed red, and she became surrounded by a purple aura. Mallow, Olivia, Red, Blue, and their Pokemon tensed up. Paul, however, wasn't deterred as he walked up to Serena.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GIRL WHO, DESPITE AN INJURED WRIST, ALMOST DETHRONED ARIA AS THE KALOS QUEEN IN HER FIRST MASTER CLASS, EVEN THOUGH THAT WAS A SCAM?! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GIRL WHO WAS TAKING THE HOENN CONTEST SCENE BY STORM?!" he exclaimed desperately while holding out his arms.

"I SAID SHUT UP!" Serena shot back nastily. She clenched a fist so hard that a vein was popping out of her hand.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GIRL WHO LOVED MY GREATEST RIVAL-OOF!" Paul gasped as he felt a powerful punch connect with his stomach. He staggered back a bit and fell to his knees while coughing up blood on his coat. Everyone besides Tierno, who now had a vicious smirk, and a calm Serenity let out a yelp.