Chapter twelve

Copyright © 2012. All Rights Reserved             

Franca left Tyler and Jessica, making her way to her car. She decided to go to Zack's house, which was only some kilometers away from Tyler's house. His house was situated in the suburbs.

"Zack" Franca exclaims, hitting the door latch whilst twisting the handle repeatedly.

"Calm your horses, I am coming woman" Zack shouts back.

Franca chuckles at his retort, "I didn't think boys took ages to get ready"

"Well, I am a unique"

"Yeah, yeah, you better hurry up or I will leave without you"

Few seconds later, Franca heard his footsteps rushing down the stairs. But to her surprise, it was none other than Sharon, Zack's sister.  She was at college and rarely came home. Her bubbly character was contagious; she truly was a drop of sunshine in a dark blurry world. Her red hair was in a ponytail; she was still in her pyjamas.

"Franca, come give me a hug, it has been ages since I last saw you" Sharon says enveloping Franca in a heartwarming hug.

Franca reciprocates her hug but in an awkward manner.

Noticing her less cheerful mood, Sharon parted from the hug.

"Franca, are you okay?" She asked her blue eyes bored into Franca questioningly.

Franca and Sharon were quite close before she left for College. She was like a mind reader; she always knew what Franca was thinking about, Franca didn't like it one bit.

"Yes, I am, I just..." Franca decided not to finish her comment; she knew Sharon was going to cause a mountain out of a molehill.

Although Tyler was inconsiderate of her feelings, she did not want Sharon to know of his treatment towards her. Sharon was surely going to cause a commotion, and that was one thing Franca didn't want to happen, she hated causing a scene.

Franca was silently debating on how she was going to behave in Sharon's presence so as not to raise her suspicion further.

"Just what...., is something wrong?"

"No, nothing is wrong" Franca replies smiling forcefully.

"Don't pretend to me, I can see through you, you know"

"Sharon, I am fine"

"Well, if you say so" Sharon raises her eyebrows, studying Franca.

Sharon knew that there was something bothering Franca. Her facial expression was very gloomy and uninterested. Sharon wondered what had happened to Franca to make her sad. Studying her face intently, Sharon decided not to dwell on it. She felt Franca did not want to talk, so she decided to give her some space.

Deciding to stop the sudden tension, she spoke, "You didn't even ask of how I have been doing"

"I mean, I just came back from College, you know how busy I am, and the least you could do was pretend you are happy to see me" Sharon continued, her emotional tone going unmissed by Franca.

"Aww Sharon, It isn't like that, you know I am happy to see you, it's just that there have been a lot going on in my life lately, I am sorry for putting my stress on you, I guess Zack hasn't filled you in on the sudden change to my life, when he does, you would wish you weren't in my situation"

"You really should just tell me, but I won't force you, I know you will tell me in your own time. Enough of that, come give me a hug again, you do know you are like a sister to me right?" Sharon asked, pulling Franca into yet another hug.