Chapter eleven

Copyright © 2012. All Rights Reserved

"What do you want to talk about?" Franca asked, wanting to avoid the conversation.

"I am so sorry you saw me making out with Jessica, but I couldn't help myself"

"Couldn't help yourself?" Franca asked exasperated. Sometime ago, he kissed her, now he was going back to Jessica? Why was he playing with her emotions? Franca couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Yes, I still have feelings for her".

"Look, I am sorry to say this, but I want to get back together with her" He continues, staring sympathetically at Franca.

Franca could see different emotions going through his eyes, switching from sadness to concern to determination. The one that stood out was determination. He was determined to have her back in his life? After apologizing for the way he behaved, he was still inconsiderate for Franca's feelings. Didn't he know that his actions spoke louder than his words? His apology means nothing if he couldn't consider her feelings. How selfish can one be? Franca thought.

Although she held no romantic feelings towards him, he used to be her childhood friend. She once held feelings for him as well, so it still hurt that he held no feelings towards her. She had been trying to stop the feelings she felt for him, but their kiss rekindled the feelings back, it wasn't all consuming as it used to, but she still felt something for him. She couldn't say what it was, but it was an emotion all the same.

In addition to this, they would soon be getting married, how is the marriage going to work out, if he had a girlfriend on the side? Franca was religious; she didn't like the fact that Tyler could violate the sacred vow of marriage when they eventually got married.

"Franca, I really am sorry for saying this, but please understand" Tyler said, with pity etched on his expressive eyes.

Understand what exactly? Franca was willing to sacrifice ever falling in love and getting married to someone she loved, all because of Tyler. Their marriage was a metaphorical rope tying her to him. Even in a tug of war, she wouldn't be able to free herself from its bondage. Isn't it funny when you are lost in thought, when someone is talking to you? Franca thought.

"Franca, are you listening to me?"

"I am" Franca replies, her tone of finality going unmissed.

Franca could see the look of shock on Tyler's face. Franca guessed he wanted her to grovel at his feet, begging him not to go back to Jessica. If he thought so, he was up for a rude awakening.

"Are you sure you are okay with it?" Tyler repeats, observing Franca.

"I am alright, okay" Franca said, her tone neutral.

"O....kay, if you say so" Tyler replied raising his eyebrows.

"Emm.... Alright..... We could practice the role play now, if you are less busy" Tyler retorted fidgeting. He felt bad for going back to Jessica, but he couldn't help himself, he was attracted to her.

"Actually, we could start now; I have nothing else to do anyway, I want the highest grade I can get" Franca replied feeling unmoved by his previous speech. She couldn't believe his swift change of subject from getting back together with his girlfriend to the role play at school.

"But it is quite late, go rest or something; we could do it some other time"

What's wrong with him, can't he make his mind up? Franca thought.

"No Tyler, I say we do it now"

"Alright, go get a notebook and a pen, let's start"

Franca was no damsel in distress; she wanted to shout at him, but she held her composure. He might misinterpret her reaction, for jealousy.