Chapter three

Copyright  © 2012. All Rights Reserved

"Franca, get dressed we are going to the McDonalds's" Victoria said hurriedly, whilst brushing her long silky hair, and applying lipstick to her full lips.

"Mum, I don't want to go" Franca replied dismissively. Going to Tyler's house was the last place she would want to go to.

"Go into your room and get dressed right now, young lady" ordered Mark, entering into their room.

"Fine" Franca shouted running to her room.

Franca quickly undressed. She applied moisturizer to her clear honey brown skin. Opening her walk in closet, she picked up a knee length golden gown with embroidery applied all over it. Franca was going for an elegant, sophisticated yet alluring look. To finish, she wore a 4inch black heels, which dramatically increased her height. Franca grabbed her clutch bag to match her shoes and walked sulkily through the stairs to meet her parents.

"Honey, isn't she beautiful?" Victoria asked taking a picture of her.

"She is, my little girl really has grown up" Mark said pinching Franca's cheeks and patting her hair.

"She is still my little baby though" He continued, wearing a serious expression on his face.

"Dad" Franca exclaimed, cowering away from Mark shyly.

 "This is a Kodak moment" Mark said laughing. Mark always said the dorkiest things.

"It truly is, Dad" Franca said rolling her eyes amusedly.

Victoria chuckled in the background, saying, "Come on guys, we have ten minutes to be there".

"Mum, they live a stone's throw away" Franca sighed.

"Don't be sarcastic with me, young lady" Victoria answered.

"Teenagers" Mark muttered under his breath, shaking his head.

I heard that Dad". Franca laughed warmly.

Victoria and Mark rushed to the car. Franca opened the door and sat at the back seat of the car, closing the after her entry. She pulled down the window and stared across the street as Mark drove away to the McDonalds's.

Franca watched the landscapes outside the car. The leaves swayed flirtatiously, the calm warm breeze cooled her face, and blew her hair as the houses got smaller.  Franca and her parents got to Tyler's house in less than five minutes from the exact time they were due to be there.

Tyler lived ten houses away from Franca's house. Victoria knocked on the door and a blond haired woman opened the door smiling warmly as she invited them into the house. Her curvy frame was clad in a flowery maxi gown. She was wearing a two inch heels, her hair was put in a stylish bun with a rose ribbon at the side. She had a hippie outlook about her. Tyler and Franca used to refer to her as 'a fairy' because of her dress sense.

 "Hello, come on in" Rosie smiles ushering them into the house.

Mark held Victoria's hand leading her through. "Ladies first" Mark smiled flashing his white teeth.  Franca inwardly rolled her eyes at his gesture.

Franca entered the house, observing the house. A golden chandelier lay at the top of the ceiling, the house was painted a dull yellow colour, and the house had a luxurious feel to it.

 Rosie happily led them into the living room introducing them to her family.

"Franca my dear, you have grown to be quite a charming lady" Rosie chirpily said, taking a once over of Franca's clothes.

 "Thank you Mrs. McDonalds" Franca replied, shyly smiling at her.

"Don't mention, call me Rosie" Rosie replied, she hated being formal.

"I can't wait for my beautiful grandchildren" Rosie huffs, calling out to her husband and children. Franca couldn't believe what Rosie had just uttered. Franca wanted to dig herself in a hole, she felt very embarrassed.

 "Daniel, they are here" Rosie calls to Daniel 

 "Tyler get down here immediately" Rosie yells.

Less than a minute, they heard a stampede of feet stomping across the stairs hurriedly. Whoa, who knew Rosie, was an authoritative figure, Franca thought.

Mark and Daniel did a manly handshake walking out to the garden to catch up on their old times.

"Men" Rosie said, looking at Victoria. Victoria giggles nodding her head in agreement.

"Tyler, say hello to Franca, and be nice to her" Rosie says leaving Franca and Tyler together.

Rosie fills a glass of wine for herself and Victoria, leaving the room to Tyler and Franca. They set us up; Franca inwardly shouted, squirming in Tyler's cold gaze.

Ignoring his demeanour, Franca psyched herself up to make conversation with him. "Hello, how have you been, Tyler?" Franca asked, ignoring the fact that he had barely said a word to her since they both got into sophomore year.

 "Whatever" Tyler says nonchalantly, walking away from Franca, to the communal room. To watch TV, Franca presumed.

Franca was being friendly to him; she wanted to make their marriage work out when they finally got married. She felt that communication was the key to a successful marriage and was trying to do just that, but he chose to ignore and act obnoxious towards her.

Franca walked behind him and sat on a chair opposite him. She made up her mind at that moment, not to bother with him anymore.

Tyler phone rang out. "Hello, who's this?" He asks, his voice was devoid of any emotion.

"It's Jessica" Franca heard Jessica faintly say.

Tyler's voice changes immediately, sounding happy he replied saying "Come over, to my house, right now".

"Alright babe, will be there in a jiffy" Jessica answers flirtatiously.

"Alright cupcakes, I can't wait to see you". Tyler replies anxiously.

"Bye, honey bun" Jessica replies, sickly sweet, before hanging up.

Tyler found Jessica's voice very annoying; he found her voice too 'preppy' for his ears. These reasons didn't stop him from being in a relationship with her.

Meanwhile, Franca was excitedly playing angry birds on her phone. Franca felt their terms of endearment were unoriginal. Continuing her game, she heard someone knocking on the front door.

Tyler jumped up running towards the door. Jessica entered the house grinning at Tyler. Tyler kisses Jessica's eyebrows and her nose. 

Have some dignity for yourselves, Franca mentally said.

"Eww, I feel sick" Franca said aloud.

Tyler and Franca immediately sprang apart from each other.

"Are you jealous, Franca?" Tyler smirks, holding Jessica's hand affectionately.

 "Far from it Tyler, I feel disgusted". Franca replied boldly.

"Who is this cretin? Tyler why didn't you tell me that this social nobody was going to be here, we would had hung out in my house instead" Jessica replied in a breathy tone. Cretin? Who uses that word, Franca wanted to voice out loud, but she stops herself. Franca didn't want to make a scene in his house.

 "Ignore her cupcakes, she means nothing to me, and she was only here because my parents told her to come visit" Tyler answered Jessica, not once giving Franca the time of the day.

"Okay, honey buns" Jessica says, placing her hands on Tyler's waist, and smiling evilly at Franca. 

 Franca shook her head, leaving the room. She felt angry that Tyler didn't scold Jessica when she insulted her.