Chapter four

Copyright  © 2012. All Rights Reserved.

Franca left the living room to join her parents in the garden.

"Franca, why are you not with Tyler?" Rosie asked.

 "He is with his girlfriend, I didn't want to look like the third wheel, so I left them, they were having a private moment and I felt I was invading their privacy". Franca said feeling awkward.

"Arrant nonsense, you are Tyler's fiancé, Franca. He should have broken up with that vile girl" Rosie shouted marching angrily to confront Tyler.

Meanwhile, Tyler had carried Jessica to his room, to continue their kissing sprees. Tyler and Jessica were so caught up in their make out session that they did not hear Rosie turning the door handle. She opened the door, entered in, and grasped at the sight before her. Her eyes literally jumped out of their sockets.

Tyler sprang apart from Jessica, however, Jessica didn't care about being caught by Rosie.

"Tyler, I am disappointed in your antics, I did not bring you up like this, what has gotten into you?" Rosie asked shaking her head in dismay, trying to recall where she had gone wrong in her parental duties as a mother.

"Mum, you have no right to enter my room without knocking, there is a word called privacy you know" Tyler replied, raising his eyebrows at his mother. 

Rosie was left gob smacked, she could not believe that her son had turned into a disrespectful brat. "Apologize right now young man" Rosie shouted, hands upwards, in a frenzied manner.

Tyler ashamedly apologized. "I am sorry mum, it will not happen again" He said putting his head down in shame.

"It better not, I will not have you disrespecting me in my house" Rosie said authoritatively, glaring at Tyler and Jessica.

"We need to have a talk, Jessica come downstairs, the discussion concerns you as well, and this has got to stop today" Rosie said, rushing downstairs with determination in her steps.

When she got downstairs, she paced back and forth trying to pacify her anger.

Tyler and Jessica saw her downstairs and became scared of what her reprimanding was going to be about.

Daniel, Mark and Victoria including Franca came into the room. They had never seen Rosie so fired up before. They suspected something atrocious had happened to have made Rosie this way.

"Tyler, you are to break your relationship with Jessica right now, you are to be married in 4months" Rosie spat enunciating each word to Tyler, as if he was a five year old.

Jessica was stuck, frozen, confused and flabbergasted of what Tyler's mum was saying. Jessica decided she won't give him up on Tyler without a fight. She mentally schemed on how she was going to sabotage his marriage.

"Mum, I am not going to get married" Tyler said coolly. You better not Jessica conveyed speechlessly, glaring at him. Her stance was intense and confrontational. Tyler was proud that his girlfriend was standing up for him.

"You will marry her if you don't want to get disinherited; I bet you don't want your car taken away from you now, do you?" Rosie asked.

Daniel added that he would remove his contacts from anything to do with him, when he graduated. That was the cherry on top. Tyler accepted defeat and agreed reluctantly.

"Jessica, you aren't my girlfriend as from henceforth" Tyler said, his eyes full of regret and sorrow. He wore a down casted countenance.

Jessica knew her pleas were going to go on defiant ears. She ran away from the scene, tear drops making their way out of her eyes.