Chapter 36

Chapter 36, enjoy! x

Nate POV

I saw red as I punched Jayden square in the jaw another time. 

"I'm sorry Nate. But I have my own mate to think of."  

The phrase echoed in my mind, making my fists shake out of anger. I shut my eyes tightly, trying to make the scene of my mate's death go away. However, the scene still played out, making me cringe as I remembered how Jayden swiftly brought the knife down, his face emotionless. Like he didn't even care he was taking my whole world away from me. The thought made me growl. 

Jayden used that distraction to push me off of him. I staggered backwards, and he stood up as well. We faced each other. The wolf part of me wanted to rip his f*cking throat out. I felt the urge to fight, to shed blood to avenge Riley. Kill him, kill him, kill him. I was unaware of anything going on around me except for Jayden's ragged breathing. 

He was breathing. That needed to change. 

Before I could kill him, I saw Emily swoop around and position herself in front of Jayden. She placed her hand on his chest and looked at me with pleading eyes. 

"Don't do this Nate. Please," She begged. I shut my eyes tighter. What is going on… 

"Em, get behind me," Jayden said forcefully. He grabbed her waist, but she relented. 

"No." 

"Emily Oarman, get behind me now," He told her, darting his eyes up to me to make sure I wouldn't hurt her. He pushed her behind him, but she slithered out of his hold and whirled around to face him.

"I'm not losing you again, Jayden!" She cried, her voice breaking. 

"Get behind him, Emily," I added. "I don't want to hurt you." I wasn't going to last much longer. The wolf in me was rising to the surface about to explode. Emily let out a sob. 

"Why are you doing this, Nate? Everything's fine now!" She yelled at me. I snarled. What, she thinks that because her mate is back that means I shouldn't kill him for taking mine? 

"He killed Riley!" I roared. My fists twitched. Jayden's eyes widened in realization, and he stepped forward. 

"No I didn't, Nate. You need to calm down," He said to me. How dare he try and calm me down! 

"Calm down? I'm going to f*cking tear you apart." I lunged at him. 

"Nate!" I froze instantly. Riley? 

"Nate, please don't do this. Your wolf's trying to take over. I'm not dead, I'm right here." I whirled around to face the most beautiful sight I've ever seen. Riley was standing off to the side, her eyes trained on me, her hair cascading down her shoulders. She was looking at me with concern, her lip trembling. Did I cause that?

"Please, I'm right here," She said in a shaky voice. I couldn't get to her fast enough. When she was finally in my arms I growled protectively. Memories of the last couple of days flooded through my mind. I buried my head in her neck and felt myself instantly calm down. Her arms were wound around my neck, her hands gripping my hair.   

Jayden didn't kill her. In fact, he saved her. And I almost killed him for it. "I'm sorry," I murmured into her neck, not daring to move in case she was taken away from me again. I pressed my lips to the mark on her neck, and she shivered lightly. 

"It's okay. It all happened so fast…" She trailed off. Yeah, I guess my wolf went crazy seeing Jayden. A part of me was still caught up on the fact that I once thought Riley was dead. I lifted my head from her neck, and positioned myself so that I was now standing with my arm around her shoulders. She nudged herself closer to me, wrapping her arms around my waist. 

Jayden was still shielding Emily, but when he saw me relax he let her move in front of him. His jaw was red. F*ck, that's going to become a bruise. I winced. 

"Sorry, Jay," I told him truthfully. He waved his hand. 

"Nah, don't worry 'bout it," He tightened his arm around Emily. She laughed and kissed his jaw gently. Woah, she laughed. I guess she's finally happy. It's weird to see the girl who was once laying in a pool of her own blood, act so carefree and… happy. 

"It's good to see you," Jayden added. I nodded, agreeing with him. 

"Thanks Jayden," I replied. Jayden smiled, knowing I was referring to him saving Riley. "Just next time you decide to fake-kill my mate, let me now beforehand alright?" Riley cracked up, and Jayden rolled his eyes at me. 

I smiled down at Riley; I loved making her laugh. She looked up at me, her blue eyes bright and happy. I leaned down to press my lips against hers. She sighed and moved closer to me so I could deepen the kiss. I smiled against her lips. 

We're going to be okay. All was finally good.  

Only a couple more chapters left in this story! :( I've worked so hard on it, and I hope you all have seen that. I love all my fans, and every single person who has commented and/or voted on this story. It means the world to me! *sniff sniff* 

I'm also working on a NEW STORY. I haven't uploaded anything yet, but it's another Werewolf one :). So look out for it! 

And with that, plese don't forget to Fan/Vote/Comment and enjoy!!!