Chapter 34

Hey Readers!!! It's FINALLY here! Chapter 34. I just want to let you know that it is midnight and I have stayed up to write this for you all! :) I really hope you like this chapter... and please let me know if it's too confusing because there is a lot of info in it! 

Enjoy :). 

Picture of Nate and Riley on the side ——>

and GET PUMPED! 

Riley POV

"You ready?" Jayden asked me. Was I? I looked down at myself once more. I probably looked like complete sh*t. I shivered slightly, the cold wind chilling me to the bone. I needed something to wear other than this sweater. But not now. Now, I was going to see my family, my best friends, and the boy I love so much it hurts. They have to forgive me for deceiving them; Nate has to forgive me. I know I have caused him unimaginable pain, and I feel repulsed with myself. I'm just so nervous that Nate will hate me forever, and never trust me again. Tears threaten to fill my eyes, but I blinked them away. I lifted my eyes up to Jayden; he was smiling softly at me, but I could tell he was nervous as hell too. I mean, three years? Who wouldn't be nervous? 

"Good luck," I told him. Not that he'll need it. Emily needs him, right now more than ever. I considered telling Jayden about how she used to cut herself, to maybe warn him, but thought better of it. It's not my secret to tell, even if it is her mate. And I'm sure he'll fix her. I know he will. We're back, and everything's okay. It's really okay. I don't know where I would be without Jayden today. I owe him my life. I would probably be dead right now if it wasn't for him. 

I inched forward a little, and wrapped my arms around his waist, startling him. I could tell he was about to push me off of him (probably a reflex), so I held on to him tighter. We both need the reassurance. At first, he was uncomfortably patting my back. Then he relaxed and held me just as tight. 

"Thank you so much Jayden," I whispered, "For everything." He didn't say anything back, but I didn't mind. I don't expect him to tell me it was 'no problem.' I don't know how I'm ever going to repay him; he saved my life. 

"Say hi to Nate for me," he replied. I let out a chuckle and stepped back. I nodded, affirming him, and Jayden gave me a thumbs up. We didn't say anything after that; we knew it was time to go our separate ways. 

Well, for now at least. 

I turned and walked in the direction of my house, thinking of what I was going to say when I got there. I probably looked ridiculous. I wasn't wearing shoes, this sweater goes down to my knees, and my hair is probably a tangled mess. I tried wiping some of the dirt off my legs, but it was a fruitless effort. I looked around, why was no one out here? Looking at the sky, I guess it is pretty well into the evening. Maybe 11:30? Midnight? I kept on walking, keeping an eye out for the familiarity of my home. 

After about ten minutes of walking through the slightly damp grass, I arrived at my house. For a moment, I felt as if I was walking home from Anna's or something. Completely normal, completely unscarred. But I knew that wasn't the case. I swallowed the lump in my throat and walked up the front porch. I held my hand above the door, ready to knock, when I suddenly halted. I don't know what I'm going to say! 

Come on, Riley, knock on the door! You'll figure it out! I calmed myself down, as I brought my hand down onto the wood, knocking twice. I waited. And waited. And waited. Is there anyone home? Nate? Where was he? I pressed my finger to the doorbell, and pushed down. The familiar sing-song tone of the bell rang throughout the house, and I heard the thump of footsteps. My palms started to sweat, and I wiped them on the already filthy sweater. F*ck! I really couldn't have cleaned myself up when I see Nate for the first time?