Chapter Twenty Four

There is one more chapter after this one!

~COPYRIGHT 2014~

Jake and Josh sent Jacyn off in the truck a day later. They were sad to see her go, but knew it was something that she needed to do to make a new life for herself. Next time they’d see her, their sister would be a married woman. If only their father was here to see it. He’d want to kill Scott in the beginning, but then he’d realize they were meant to be together. He would surely be proud.

Jacyn took the long drive back to Scot’s house and she could’ve have pulled into the driveway any sooner. Before she even got out of the truck, Sawyer was running out of the door. He launched himself onto her legs, wrapping his arms around her. He pulled away and grinned up at her. She smiled back at him and grabbed his hand.

“Let’s go see your daddy,” she told him.

They walked hand in hand into the house. Scott was found in the kitchen cleaning up what looked to be a mess from making waffles that morning.

“Now don’t you look like the perfect housewife,” Jacyn laughed.

Scott turned around and smiled. He slowly walked towards her and then quickly snatched her up in a hug. She squealed and laughed as he peppered her face and neck with kisses and tickled her sides.

“Daddy!” Sawyer scolded, giggling.

“I missed you babe,” Scott said, kissing her on the lips and releasing her.

“Yeah, we missed you!” Sawyer exclaimed, hugging her legs again.

She smiled, happy to be home, where her heart is.

“So I take it that everything is in that truck?” Scott questioned.

“Yep, but I’m tired of moving stuff so we aren’t touching it today. And let me tell you, we are going to need to have a garage sale or something,” she told him.

“That sounds perfectly fine, but you’re right. Right now, all you need to do is relax. That was a long trip. And about that garage sale…”

Three days later was that very garage sale. Scott had made it into quite an event. With the help of his father, uncles and cousin, they had turned it into a meet and greet. That would get more people to come and most likely get everything sold. They had rented out a small building and hired some security. It was perfect.

By noon time, the event was underway. People were steadily flowing in and things were disappearing from the inventory. Many of the fans were shocked to see that Jacyn and Scott were officially together, but they were also thrilled. Many of them had followed their relationship on the last season of Deadliest Catch, which ended with them on bad terms. The newest season, where they had gotten together, hadn’t aired yet and wouldn’t for another couple of months.