Chapter Six

~COPYRIGHT 2014~

"Hey, yo, Jay, you gotta get up. It's time to go retrieve the pots," Scott's voice interrupted Jacyn's sleep.

She groaned but sat up in the bunk, rubbing her eyes. Fumbling around, she made her way into the area where their gear was hanging up. She was still in a sleepy haze as she put it on.

"Hey, wake up," Axel chuckled. "We can't have you half asleep and getting hurt out there. Snap out of it."

"I'm so tired!" she exclaimed, not complaining, just telling him.

"It's part of the job description, sweetheart," Nick said as he put on his boots.

"I know it is," she shot back. "I wasn't complaining. And don't call me sweetheart."

"Man, what crawled up your ass?" he asked.

"Your attitude with me on the first day crawled up my ass. I'm tired of being belittled because I'm a woman. So you listen to me right now Nick Tokman, or Moonbeam, or whatever stupid nickname they call you, I will not tolerate your attitude. I may just be the greenhorn and stepping out of line, but I am not going to take this," she spoke up.

He was speechless. Never as a greenhorn would he even think about talking to a deckhand like that. It only made them hate you and disrespect you. But he had to admit, Jacyn had balls for standing up to him and he was sort of proud of her for saying something.

"Well, I apologize for the way I treated you. I can see you're doing a great job so you won't hear another word out of my mouth about you being a woman," he finally said.

She nodded curtly and walked past him out to the deck.

"Damn, she's not afraid of anything," Ian voiced in awe.

"That's why you guys don't mess with her. Y'all know how Josh is and that's her brother. She follows in his footsteps," Scott said.

"Maybe having her on the boat really is a good thing," Nick said.

"See?" Scott asked. "Now let's get to work boys. We've got some money to make."

The crew spent the next multiple hours hauling in the pots. Luckily Captain Andy had done a good job with picking the spots because they had filled up their tanks even before the pots had all been hauled back aboard. That left them with no choice but to empty the pots back into the water.

Seeing as all the pots were now aboard the ship, the ship had a higher risk of tipping. And all the extra ice that had accumulated once again needed to be removed. The crew got to work on chipping it apart and an hour later they had succeeded, finally being able to go back into the cabin to catch up on some more sleep before they arrived back at the harbor.

Without a word, Jacyn made her way into her bunk room after stripping out of the soaking wet fishing gear and hanging it up. Crawling into her top bunk, she turned to face the other way and closed her eyes. After five minutes, she was still trying to fall asleep when she heard the door open. Yet she didn't hear it close.

Turning back over to face the door, she found Scott standing in the doorway, that famous half smile, half smirk on his face. He had a sandwich in his hand, taking small bites.

"What? Can't you see I'm trying to sleep?" Jacyn asked.

He chuckled. "You aren't going to eat?" he wondered.

"No, food can wait. I need sleep."

"You're clearly not falling asleep so come out and eat."

"I'm not coming out anywhere. My bunk is calling my name. I'll only eat if you make me something," she bargained.

He shrugged and headed back out to the kitchen. A few minutes later, he came back into the bunk room with another sandwich in his hand. Jacyn sat up in her bed and held out her hands. He handed it to her and stood there while she devoured it.

"Better now?" he questioned when she stuffed the last piece in her mouth.

She nodded happily and swallowed. "Thanks!" she exclaimed. "Now goodnight."

"Seriously? I make you a sandwich and all I get is a thank you and a goodnight?" he asked.

"What else were you expecting? A kiss?" she teased.

That caused him to smirk and he approached her bunk, closing the door behind him. Jacyn's eyes went wide and she gulped.

"Well, you did admit the other night that you still find me good looking," he said, wiggling his eyebrows. "And we both know that I think you're sexy so I think a kiss will suffice."

She sat up on her knees, putting her hand up in front of her.

"My brother will kick your ass," she said.

"Your brother doesn't need to know."

He began to crawl up on her bunk and she moved closer to the wall, trying to get away from him.

"Scott, no," she said firmly.

He just continued coming closer with that stupid smile that got her every time. When she was completely backed up against the wall, Scott stopped his progression, sitting right in front of her. They sat there in silence, Jacyn waiting for the next move and Scott staring at her. He knew that she was anticipating the kiss, it was obvious with the way she unknowingly kept peering at his lips.

Slowly inching towards her, he closed his eyes and let his lips find hers. They pressed against hers gently and stayed put. He wasn't giving up until she gave in. And it didn't take long for her to give in. A few seconds later, her lips moved gently against his, her arms wrapping around his neck as they kissed. The kiss soon became more aggressive, more needy. Scott wrapped his arms around her and lowered her down onto the bunk, hovering over her. Things soon got out of hand and before they knew it, they were laying spent and naked in one another's arms, Jacyn's blanket covering them.

She lay with her head on his chest, one leg thrown over his, stroking her fingers up and down the tattoo on his arm. They both said nothing as they lay there, letting what they just did sink in. Scott began to get up, pushing Jacyn off of him gently. He quickly hopped down from her bunk and threw on some pants and a shirt.

"I need a smoke," was all he said before leaving the room.

Jacyn sat in a stunned silence for a second before finding her clothes and putting them on. She curled up in her blanket and turned to face the wall, closing her eyes and hoping for sleep to consume her. She would deal with it in the morning.

When Scott entered the room, what he found was a sleeping Jacyn. Staring at her for a moment, he shook his head and laid down in his own bunk, trying to clear his mind so he could at least get a small amount of sleep. He would deal with it in the morning.

~COPYRIGHT 2014~