Chapter Eleven

Picture of the Cornelia Marie crew

This is a short chapter because it is a filler and is setting the scene for the next chapters to come!

~COPYRIGHT 2014~

"Honey, I'm home!" Jacyn called as she entered the cabin of the Cornelia Marie.

It was silent for a small amount of time until she heard boots clambering from up in the wheelhouse. The sound carried down the stairs and then the guys came into view. Josh was the first one to reach her, a humungous smile on his face. He wrapped his arms around her, giving her a giant hug.

"I missed you little sis," he mumbled into her hair.

"Missed you too, Josh. I missed the boat also. The Time Bandit is a bit too much for me," she responded.

"You're not going back for King Crab season?" he wondered.

"Not if it's on the Time Bandit. I want to be on this boat, where dad's spirit lives and where there's a little less drama."

"You got it little sis. Now are you ready to go home?"

"Ready as I'll ever be. I'm exhausted. I could sleep for days."

"You probably will," Travis told her, laughing.

"Sounds great to me," she laughed with him.

"It's good to see that you're back in one piece, Jay," Cody said.

"You too, fellow greenhorn!" she exclaimed, giving him a hug. "And you too Tim!"

"Thanks Jacyn," he smiled.

"Now why don't you guys get the hell off of my boat and get on home to your families?" she suggested.

"Yes ma'am!"

They saluted her before throwing their bags over their shoulders and heading out to the deck to get off. Josh and Jacyn stood in the cabin alone for a few moments.

"We'll see her again soon. The next fishing season is in October but with all the work I'll be doing on this old girl..."

Jacyn cut him off with a slap in the head. "Do not call her old! I bet you that dad is up there right now just dying to come down here and kick your ass for saying that about this boat!" she reprimanded.

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry dad," he apologized, looking up. Then he put his arm around his sister. "Come on, Jay, let's head home. I have a wife and a baby to see."

"And I have no one but my stinky brothers and sisters," Jacyn responded.

He laughed and ruffled her hair. "You love your stinky siblings and you know it!"

The pair got into Josh's truck and started the journey home. The only sound in the cab of the truck was the radio playing, at least until Josh turned it down.

"So, when were you planning on telling me that you slept with my best friend?" he asked.

Jacyn's eyes went wide and her face turned a pasty shade of white.

"W-W-What?" she stuttered. "What're you talking about?"

"There's no point in trying to hide it. I know everything," he said.

"H-How'd you find out?"

"John came to me while you guys were out on your fishing trip. He said that you and Scotty had an argument that set him off in the hospital and it turned out that you two slept together."

Jacyn sighed and put her hands over her face, her sweatshirt covering her hands.

"Yes, I slept with Scott, okay? But I can assure you, it was a onetime thing. We're history."

"From what I heard, Scott doesn't feel that way."

"Scott does feel that way," she hissed, glaring at Josh.

Josh was shocked. He could hear the anger in his sister's voice. She never got angry.

"No he doesn't. I know Scott. He doesn't get riled up about much, especially when it comes to women. Plus, he wouldn't sleep with his best friend's sister and risk getting his ass kicked unless it meant something to him," he tried to comfort her.

"That is bullshit. Your oh so innocent best friend called me a whore, Josh. And you're going to sit here and defend him? I don't think so!"

"He called you a WHAT?"

"Whatever. It doesn't matter. Let's just go home," she said, her voice cracking.

"When I see that boy..." he trailed off.

"You won't say a word. It's best. Now shut the fuck up and drive."

The rest of the ride was sort of awkward. There was some tension between the siblings. When they finally arrived at Josh's house, he kindly asked her if she wanted to stay for dinner and she declined, getting into her car that she had left there during the trip and went straight home.

Opening up the door to her empty apartment, she let out a sigh of relief. She was finally home after all of those stressful and exhausting trips. Closing the door and locking it, she traveled the short distance to her bedroom and dropped her bags on the floor. It was only a short distance more until she laid down face first on the bed and fell into a deep sleep.

~COPYRIGHT 2014~