Chapter Twenty Three

~COPYRIGHT 2014~

Scott headed to his bedroom after getting Sawyer to settle down for the night. Today had been an exciting and crazy day for the little guy and it had taken him quite a while to crash from all the candy and cake he had eaten. But now he was sound asleep in his room, giving his father some time to spend alone with his new fiancé.

When he entered the doorway, he smiled at the sight before him. There Jacyn lay on his bed reading a book, wearing nothing but a pair of boy short underwear and one of his tee shirts.

“What is this I see? A sexy woman lying in my bed?” he smirked. “It looks like I might have to take advantage of this situation.”

“Scott…” she slowly said his name, raising her hands in defense.

She started giggling as he creeped closer and finally burst into laughter when he pounced onto the bed, on top of her. He buried his head into her neck, blowing raspberries, making her laugh and squirm. He pulled away and hovered above her, a gigantic grin on his face.

“I love it when you laugh,” he told her.

“I love you,” she replied back.

“I know you do sweetheart because I love you too.”

“Oh really?”

“Oh yes really.”

“Why don’t you prove it?” she challenged.

“You just can’t get enough of me, can you?” he questioned.

“Just shut up and love me,” she grumbled.

“Your wish is my command, babe,” he said, bending down to connect their lips.

Jacyn woke up the next morning to an empty bed. She patted Scott’s side, trying to see if it was still warm. It wasn’t. He had clearly gotten up hours ago. She grumbled and got out of bed, putting Scott’s tee shirt on along with a pair of his boxers.

“Babe?” she mumbled, walking into the kitchen. It was empty. “Scott?” she called out again, heading to the living room. Once again, there was nothing.

Confused, she walked around the house trying to find him, yet she could find no trace of him. She sighed and looked out the back sliding glass door at the backyard. Sure enough, there sat Scott at the snow covered picnic table drinking coffee and eating a donut.

“Babe, what’re you doing?” she asked, opening up the door and stepping out. “It’s freezing out here!”