Chapter Seventeen

A picture of the costume that Scott wore (it's not him in it)

Also a song that I found very catchy and perfect for this book! It describes Scott and Jacyn's relationship. It's called 'Deadliest Catch' and it's by Lower Than Atlantis

The last prank done to Scott is in the external link ------>

~COPYRIGHT 2014~

The next morning carried all of the crab fishers out of bed. They lazily pulled on warm clothes and their rubber gear. The Cornelia Marie crew sat in the front part of the cabin getting their morning smokes in before they went to work for the Bairdi season.

"Hey, where do you think you're going pretty boy?" Jake asked Scott as he began to walk out the door onto the deck. "You're not fully dressed to go out on deck."

Scott looked down at himself, complete in his rubber gear. "What're you talking about?" he wondered.

"He's talking about this," Jacyn's voice came from behind him.

He turned around to see Jacyn holding out a cupid costume. Scott closed his eyes. He should've known they'd make him do this.

"Put it on, lover boy," she smirked.

He took it and started stepping into the gigantic diaper that had a heart on it, right in front. Next came the sash, which was also covered in hearts. Finally came the leaf wreath he had to wear on his head. The moment he stepped onto the deck, the crew burst out laughing. He looked like an absolute idiot.

"Wow, that was a good choice, Jay," Josh said over the intercom. "How are you feeling out there, lover boy?"

"I'm feeling sexy as hell," Scott replied, shrugging off the embarrassing feeling.

"Keep telling yourself that, buddy," he cracked up. "Now get to work. Start that bait grinder and get going."

"Ay, ay, captain," he sarcastically remarked, going to the freezer to pull out the blocks of frozen herring.

As he put the first block of frozen herring into the bait grinder, it started up. And what came out first was quite a surprise, hitting him right in the face. The crew had put a bag of flour into the bait grinder while it was off and was waiting for him to start it up so he could get a face full of flour.

The crew watched in amusement as Scott stood there, sputtering and spitting, trying to get the flour out of his mouth. They were highly amused.

"Welcome to the Cornelia Marie, Scotty," Casey said over the intercom, chuckling.

"Appreciate it!" he choked out, getting back to making bait.

Jacyn smirked and approached him. She pat him on the back.

"This is only the beginning," she told him.

"Looking forward to it. Bring it on," he challenged.

"Just remember, I warned you," she said before going to work with the other guys.

Josh announced an hour later that they were at the area they would be fishing. The crew worked to put pots on the block and get them into the freezing water so they could begin the short Bairdi season.

After a long grind of setting pots, the crew was finally able to rest and go take a short nap. At least, that's what Scott thought. In a matter of minutes, he was passed out in his bunk. The rest of the crew was awake and getting ready to set the final pot of the string.

"This joke is cruel," Josh laughed while watching Jacyn tie Scott's sleeping bag to the line. "I remember when Jake did this to me."

"Hurry, let's go set this pot!" Jacyn urged, running out onto deck.

No, the line wouldn't pull him into the Bering Sea. It would simply pull him off of the bunk, waking him up, and then the sleeping bag would peel off of him like a banana, going deep into the sea. It was a prank that Jake, Jacyn and Josh's brother, had pulled on Josh many years ago.

Jacyn ran into the bunk room after getting everything set and waited, listening for Casey to tell them to let the pot go.

"Alright, let it go!" she heard him scream over the intercom.

Mere seconds later, Scott was slowly pulled out of his bunk, waking him as his body hit the ground. He sat up and at that moment as the line went faster, his sleeping bag was ripped off of him, leaving him exposed in his boxers.

Jacyn was bent over in laughter, tears coming to her eyes. That was the funniest thing she had ever seen. Scott was still in shock, just staring at her.

"Did my sleeping bag just go overboard?" he asked.

She nodded, laughing too hard to respond with words. He chuckled and crawled back into his bunk.

"Good one," he complimented her.

"Thanks," she choked out, tossing him a new sleeping bag. "Sleep well cause there is more to come."

"Greaaaaaat..." he mumbled before falling asleep again.

Everybody high fived before heading to their own bunks and getting rest for themselves. Soon enough, they were up again. They ate a quick meal made by Travis and then headed out onto the deck. The majority of the day was spent pulling in pots, sorting crab and filling the tanks with as much as possible. Then they were setting pots back.

After another long day, they headed inside. Scott decided that this would be the perfect time to shave his five o'clock shadow off.

"I have the perfect surprise for him. Another prank Jake played on me," Josh said to Jacyn.

Jacyn followed him slowly and quietly to stand in front of the closed bathroom door. Josh had a small firecracker in his hand. Lighting it, he threw it under the door and listening. Scott was screaming ow as it popped and then he threw open the door, taking off.

"What the hell guys? I nearly chopped the skin on my face off!" he exclaimed, exasperated.

The Harris siblings simply shrugged and didn't say a word, walking away. Scott grumbled and grabbed Jacyn, pulling her into the small bathroom with him. She gasped as he sat her down on the toilet, glaring at her.

"Do you think I'm going to let you get away with all these pranks?" he asked.

"Yes, this is my boat after all," she said, matter of factly.

"You don't think I'll get you back after this?"

"Why, what're you going to do?"

"I just might kiss you."

"I just might let you," she whispered.

He leaned down and placed his lips on hers.

~COPYRIGHT 2014~