Chapter Twenty

~COPYRIGHT 2014~

The plane ride back to Scott’s hometown was nerve filled. Jacyn couldn’t stay still in her seat and always had to have something to eat or drink otherwise she’d drive herself crazy. Scott could sense her anxiety and held her hand the entire time.

“Here we are,” Scott said as he pulled up to his house.

Jacyn took in a deep breath as he got out and came around to her side of the truck. He pulled open her door and held his hand out. She shook as she took his outstretched hand and stepped out of the vehicle.

“Daddy!” a little voice called from behind them.

Scott whirled around in time to see his son running towards him full speed. Scott crouched down with a smile and allowed his son to crash into his arms as he gave him a gigantic hug.

“Hey buddy! Look at you, you’ve gotten bigger!” he exclaimed, looking him over.

“Yeah! I’m big and tall like you now!” his son cheered. Then he turned to look at Jacyn. He gave her a weird look and took a step back. “Daddy, who’s the lady?”

“This is Jacyn, Daddy’s new special friend,” he explained. “Jacyn, meet Sawyer, my son.”

“Jacyn? But that’s a boy’s name!” the boy laughed.

“It’s both a boy and girl’s name. Now be nice and say hello.”

“Hi!” he yelled, waving. Then he grabbed his father by the hand and pulled him inside. Jacyn followed aimlessly.

They came to a stop in the kitchen where a woman was standing with a smile on her face. She was gorgeous with wavy blonde hair that came down to the bottom of her breasts. And here Jacyn was dressed in jeans and Scott’s camo jacket that practically swallowed her, her hair thrown up in a messy bun.

“Welcome home Scott,” the woman said.

Scott gave her a hug and kissed her on the cheek. “Thanks. How was he while I was gone?”

“Oh, you know, just like his stubborn father. Sometimes he would listen, sometimes he wouldn’t. But what kid listens all the time?” she laughed. “All kidding aside, you know I love Sawyer. He’s a good boy.”

“I’m glad to hear that,” Scott replied.

“Come on daddy! Come see what I did to my room!” Sawyer exclaimed, pulling Scott out of the room.

There was a silence between the women as they stared at one another.

“Um…I’m Jacyn, Scott’s girlfriend,” Jacyn spoke first, sticking out her hand.