Chapter 4 - Red Dress

Natasha drove her car fast enough to get to her boutique in only fifteen minutes. Beth was never like the way Paxtons drive their car because it made her anxious. They drive their vehicle too fast.

"Ladies, welcome to my humble boutique."

Kate gasped at the store in front of her

Kate gasped at the store in front of her. She never stepped her feet to these kinds of store before. She knew she would never afford any of the clothes they offer, so why bother? Still, with an awe in her eyes, she entered the boutique. Beth glanced at Kate and smile a bit. It was really nice of Nat to allow them to get ready with her and give Kate a chance to get a makeover.

"Your boutique is beautiful..." Kate said in amusement.

"Why thank you dr. Reynolds. Please come." Natasha welcome them and led them to the back studio where her daughter is.

"Mommy, why you took so long?" a tiny voice called Natasha when they entered her studio.

"I'm sorry honey, but mommy is here." Natasha reached out for her daughter's hand and led her closer to her guests. "Sara, I want you to meet my friends; Kate and Beth." The little girl hid behind Natasha's legs.

"Hi there, I'm Kate." Kate was down on her knee to get closer to Sara and pulled out her hand while Beth waved. Sara's a shy girl, but she took Kate's hand and shook it.

"I'm Sara..." She said quietly. "Sara, it's a pretty name for a pretty girl." Kate smiled at Sara.

"Thanks." This put a smile on Natasha's face. Sara rarely gets along with new people easily. But with Kate, she willingly had a small conversation on their first meet.

Natasha let Kate and Beth chose their dress of liking and made them try it on. Natasha herself already has dress for tonight. She also called some of her favorite makeup artists and hairstylists to help her giving the two doctors a makeover.

Kate was looking through the dresses on the shelves, there are too many dresses it made her head hurts. She has never been the type of girl who got invited to many parties, let alone this kind of party. But then her eyes fixed on a strapless red dress. It caught her attention.

"Oh yes! Please try that one on!" Natasha saw Kate was looking at the dress in her hands.

"Oh no, I don't think this dress—um, I just adore the pretty dress. That's all." Kate said shyly and put it back on the shelf.

Natasha pushed Kate to the fitting room while holding the red dress, "nonsense! It will look good on you. Go on!" Nat cheered as Kate got into the fitting room. After a while, she stepped out and found Sara sat on the couch in front of her.