Chapter 13 - I Never Forget a Deal

Josh arrived at the Paxton Enterprise building at 7 in the morning. He greeted by many of his staff and employees. Some days, when he had a great morning, he'd smiled back at them or nod. But most of the day, he just didn't bother at all, like today. He rushed to go to the elevator and pushed the number of his floor.

Mrs. Black already prepared his morning coffee and files he needed for this morning at his desk. Josh sipped the coffee before he opened the files on his desk. Mrs. Black then came in and handed him his schedule for today. When he skimmed through his schedule, his lips curved into a small smile. He couldn't wait for the afternoon to come. "Thanks, Mrs. Black. I wish the conference room is ready in 10 minutes for the first meeting today." Mrs. Black nodded and left his office. 'This afternoon should be fun.' Josh thought with a smirk on his face.

"Robert, I didn't pay you for this. I want this whole situation fix by this afternoon. You have five hours." He said furiously at his employee. He just got back from one of his branches in England and looks like one of his teams messed up and causing the England branch to failed their targets for five months in a row. Robert gulped hardly and nodded at him.

"I don't want this to happen again in the future, and if this repeated. I will replace you with no doubt. This meeting is dismissed." With those final words, his employees quickly get out of the conference room. Josh wishes he could just skip them and go straight to this afternoon. The thought of it made him smile. He went on a work trip for the whole week and didn't have a chance to talk to anyone, not even his family. This afternoon visit should be refreshing.

***

Kate is preparing the room for the ADHD Therapy class today, the class will start in 30 minutes. She's arranging the table and seat and the assignments for the kids. Laura is still at her office and will be joining her soon. It's not a big room, it has several toys and seats and tables for the students. Kate is preparing the kids' report card when she turned around to the door and find a tall build is leaning on the doorframe, watching her.

"Josh, what are you doing here?" Josh looked at him intensely and smirk before he walks towards Kate. "I thought we had a deal, doc. I will come to one of your classes, and you'll come with me to my mother's birthday party this weekend."

"Well, I thought you forgot about it..." Kate trailed.

"Honey, I never forget a deal." Josh looked directly at Kate's eyes, making her nervously gulped and look away.

"Uhm... you never say anything to me after the deal, so I thought you forgot about it." Kate gave him another excuse.

"Possessive, aren't we?" Josh raised one of his eyebrows and chuckled. Kate feels her cheeks getting warmer. 'Damn it' she thought to herself. Josh let out another chuckle, seeing a speechless Kate.