Chapter 14 - Of Thoughts & Jealousy

After the little encounter with Joshua Paxton at her kitchen the other day, Kate couldn't sleep peacefully. Her mind kept rewinding the scene from her small kitchen with Josh. How closed she was with him, how she could felt his breath on her face, and how their lips almost touch each other. It's crazy! She should stop thinking about that man. Kate shouldn't think about Josh in that way. She must be out of her mind. When they abruptly disturbed by his phone, he left immediately, which made Kate breathed relievedly. But Josh left his soaking-wet navy suit in her chair, and she decided she'll put it in the laundry. After his suit is done, she decided to give it back to him.

Since it was him who has her number and not vice versa, she asked Noah where's Josh's office is. Noah was a bit suspicious, but he didn't say anything. He gave her the address and the floor number to Kate. She took a metro to go to his building. The building is located in the business district, of course. Since she rarely came to this part of the city, she was a bit lost for a while before finding the right building.

She entered the building and immediately felt she doesn't belong there. Everyone seems preoccupied, dressed strictly professional. She went to the 18th floor, where Noah said Josh's office is. When she stepped out of the elevator, she immediately asked the woman behind the desk to meet Josh.

"Uhm, excuse me. Where can I find Mr. Joshua Paxton?" she asked. The woman who apparently is Mrs. Brown looked up at her, "Have you made any appointment beforehand?" Kate shook her head. "Then I'm sorry, he's not available." Kate nodded, understood. Just when she's about to ask the lady to give his suit back, someone tapped her shoulder.

"Kate, you made it!" Noah cheered. "I thought you were joking when you said you wanted to come here." Kate smiled awkwardly and greeted Noah back. "Hi, Noah! Yeah, I was just about to leave. Josh is unavailable and I should've remembered that he's a busy person. I'll just–"

"Nonsense!" He looked at Mrs. Brown "I'll take it from here." Noah pulled Kate away before Mrs. Brown could say anything. They arrived at the big, tall door and it's not fully closed. When Noah opened the door, both Noah and Kate didn't expect what they saw; a woman was sitting on Josh's desk while Josh was on his chair.

"Shit, my bad." Noah muttered. Kate didn't know what to do, and she felt embarrassed too. "Uh..."

"Kaitlyn?!" Josh stood up, he was surprised to see Kate was standing in front of his office while the woman turned her head to Noah and Kate. "Oh, hi Noah. Good to see you" The woman waved at him, a little too flirty. "Leah..." Noah nodded politely. He didn't know what was really happening, but he knew that he was stuck in this awkward situation for sure, and Josh will be furious at him.

"I came just to drop this. I'll just leave it here. Bye!" She said awkwardly too fast then she put down the paper bag on his doorstep and walked away, almost ran, to the elevator. Luckily the elevator door was opened, she slipped right in. Didn't bother Josh's voice calling her name. She felt embarrassed. What was happening to her? She shouldn't have come in the first place.