Chapter Thirteen --unedited

Thank you eshurrlock for the picture!

Emily

I was supposed to be resting, but I felt like I needed to talk to JJ about the date. I wasn't sure it was what I wanted right now. If I weren't pregnant with Mikko's fourth child, I would definitely be game for trying to make a real relationship with JJ.

I went in search of JJ and found him stuffing his clothes into a bag. 

"What's happening?" I asked as I walked into the room and shut the door behind myself. 

His shoulders moved in a silent sigh before he stopped what he was doing and looked at me. "The pack is leaving for a while. All contact is to be suspended during this time."

"And that means what?" I asked. "That we're not going to be allowed to talk to each other?"

He nodded and looked away from me, turning his attentions to packing up his belongings. "No communication at all. It would be a sign of a broken trust and the packs will never reach a compromise."

I couldn't help but smile. I knew Finn wasn't one to compromise, he demanded things and his packs listened. Though, they didn't always like it. 

"It's uncanny timing that this break comes days after our date." He looked me right in my eyes. I could see humor in his eyes, even if he didn't look particularly happy. "I have no doubt that this is somehow Mikko's fault. Who else would have an issue with us seeing each other?"

"I could think of a couple." I knew the pack, even though they didn't want to admit it, they didn't want Mikko and I to see other people. They wanted us together like a family is supposed to be together.

We had the most sacred of werewolf bonds between us: children. They were worth quadruple their weight in gold. They all thought Mikko and I should be together. 

I should've seen that before. I knew that seeing JJ would have consequences. Of course the tensions would rise.

I should have to wait to date JJ until after the packs were united. 

And I told him so. 

He nodded his agreement and moved his full bag onto the floor. "We'll be coming back soon enough. The air just needs to clear before we can."

I nodded my agreement. There was nothing that could be done now. 

Luckily the kids were with my family since they were leaving and wanted to spend as much time with them as they could before they left.

Abigail turned around the corner, into JJ's room.

Her expression was guarded. She was treading very carefully, and a part of me was curious, but I was mostly mad.

"This isn't all Mikko's fault, Em," she tried to reason.

"It might not be all his fault, but he definitely is involved in all of this," I motioned to JJ packing. "He's just being jealous and making everything harder.