Chapter Nineteen - uneditted

Thank you itsmyworldnow for this picture!

This chapter is not incredibly long, but the story is starting to flow!

Enjoy!

***********

The next several weeks were not nearly as exciting. Because Mikko had killed all the wolves who attacked us on the pack lands, they were unable to interrogate them to find out who had ordered the attack.

The pregnancy had become uncomfortable and made it more difficult to take care of the triplets. Luckily, Nikki hadn't left and offered help most of the time.

Mikko and Phillip stayed busy with trying to track down more rogue wolves, without success.

However frustrating to put the hunt on hold, they were being forced to today. JJ's pack was coming back after conceding to Finn's law.

I was not at all excited about a party tonight. I had been having hick's contractions, which were essentially my body practicing for the big event. Jared told me to take it easy and I was trying. I was forbidden from lifting the triplets anymore. That was going to suck. Either Mikko or Nikki needed to be around the rest of the pregnancy so I don't harm the child I was carrying. It wasn't a risk worth taking.

Nikki was in the shower while I was curling my hair.

There was a knock at the door; I didn't have to get up because Mikko just walked in. He was wearing dress pants and his button up shirt wasn't buttoned up yet. I couldn't stop myself from briefly admiring his toned stomach.

"Can't you put your shirt all the way on?" I asked as I took my hair out of the curling iron. All I needed was to get distracted and burn a section of my hair off.

He shrugged and casually strolled in. "I'm going to be leaving. I'll take the kids with me."

I nodded. "Sounds good."

He took a long box out of his pocket and put it on the table. "This is for you." Then he turned and started walking out.

"Thanks," I said softly. He just grunted in return.

I was curious what was in the box. Mikko and I had been better lately. He was actually trying.

Then Nikki walked out of the bathroom in her underwear. "Where's your hairdryer?"

"Under the sink," I muttered as I contemplated opening the box.

She nodded and walked back in. I just continued to curl my hair.

By the time Nikki came out of the bathroom I was finished with my hair and makeup. When I glanced over, I noticed she was ready too.

"What are you wearing?" She asked while going through my closet.

"The lacey black one."

She threw it at me. "Put it on, I want to see."

I took it into the room and couldn't quite get the zipper up by myself. She came out in my red halter dancing dress. Apparently she was planning on dancing tonight.