Let her go

Kyle walked covertly around the marble and glass building, peering through the windows carefully in hopes of getting a glimpse of Emily's whereabouts.

If Brent's source was right, this villa would be where David was hiding with Emily for the past three days. It was a beautiful building. All ivory, marble, and steel - right on a cliff that stood above the Atlantic Ocean. While indiscreet in design, the villa was located on a remote property that spanned for miles. The perfect hiding place for someone as shifty as David, thought Kyle.

The villa was surprisingly empty. Kyle had expected more guards since this was David's hide out but so far he hadn't run into anyone. He couldn't help but wonder if he had walked right into a trap but it was too late to back out now. He was desperate. Emily's limp wounded body in David's arms was the last image he had of her and it burned bright in his memories. A constant reminder that she was in danger and that he had lost her moments after promising to always be with her. He prayed that she was still safe and that he wasn't too late. He prayed he would be able to save her the way she saved him.

A voice suddenly called out through an intercom, "took you long enough. Come inside."

Suddenly, the glass door slid open so that the house was pregnable. Uncertain but determined, Kyle stepped inside. The door slid closed and moments later, footsteps came down from the stairwell.

David appeared, velvet slippers first, hair slightly disheveled as though just caught from a nap and his face bored. He wore a loose blue button up tucked into silky gray pants.

"I thought I smelled a rat," said David snidely. "How the hell did you find this place?"

"I have my sources," said Kyle stiffly. He was glad David showed himself immediately like this. He could get straight to the point instead of going through the hassle of sneaking around.

David snorted, "by sources, you must mean Brent. I should've killed that traitor when I had the chance."

Kyle clenched his hands into a fist. The fact that David was threatening his best friend while holding his girlfriend hostage wasn't sitting well with him.

"Where are you hiding Emily?" He asked as he scanned the halls. Again, no guards. Weird, he thought.

David laughed with mirth. "Emily? Emily's dead."

Kyle's pupils dilated in shock.

"But Ice, she's here to stay," said David with a cocky grin. "In fact, see for yourself."

Kyle's ears pricked at the name that David chose to call Emily by. She had told him how much she hated that alias.

"Ice, come here," ordered David.

Kyle watched in rapture as Emily walked down the stairs obediently before bowing at David. The first thing he felt when he saw her was relief, but the overwhelming feeling he had was shock. Shock at her blonde hair. Shock at how thin she had gotten. Shock that she was bowing to a pig like David.

"You summoned me, young master?" Said Emily stoically.

"Emily," choked out Kyle. He felt his knees give at the sight of her. She didn't spare him a second glance.

"Ice, go on and tell him what you told me," said David with a pleased smile. Emily's green eyes flickered over to Kyle. For a split second, her facade seemed to crack but her face became composed again.

"I live to serve The Flaming Dragons, now and forever," said Emily.

"Emily, What are you saying?" Asked Kyle dumbfounded, unwilling to accept what she was saying. "Let's get out of here Emily. I'm here to take you home."