Dark Horse

Emily's lips were firmly pressed against another stranger but her eyes were wandering around, searching the massive crowds for that bright red hair which she found oddly adorable, only to be disappointed. Where did he go? Emily couldn't imagine why he'd made an ass of himself like that. It was a bloody miracle that the security guards or worse Vice Principal Henderson hadn't showed up, if they had, both Kyle and her would've been utterly screwed. She wanted to look for him now, but her shift wasn't over and when she warily looked at the line that was massively forming, she felt herself deflate. Kissing was insanely boring, she decided. How's it that people seem to enjoy this? Well, maybe not all kisses. Emily flashbacked to Kyle's kiss and felt herself flush. She mentally punched his image out of her head but the feeling on her lips lingered. His kiss had felt demanding and possessive. It both infuriated and enticed her.

"Emily, I think 20 seconds were up a while ago." Steven whispered and she quickly jerked back and the boy looked dazedly at her. "Huh?" He mumbled. She threw him daggers and coldly muttered, "20 seconds up, two dollars please."

He reluctantly put the two dollars on the counter before turning back hopefully. "Um, could you-"Sorry no." Emily flatly rejected knowing all too well what was going to be asked next. He gave a disappointed sigh but instead of leaving, went all the way to the back of the line. Emily rolled her eyes in disbelief. How desperate were these guys? She checked the time on her phone and stopped herself from shrieking in joy.

"Hey Steven, our shift is over." There was no response and when she turned around, she saw him busily making out with a customer.

"Steven," Emily hissed, "No tongue!" He ignored her and Emily furrowed her brows in irritation when loud shouts caught her attention. Kyle? She searched for where the sound was coming from and gaped at the sight. There was a cloud of dust as six or seven WWE like men ran, and the ground slightly trembled as they came nearer and nearer.

"WHERE IS HE?" One bellowed and Emily nervously watched hoping that they weren't looking for Kyle. "WE DON'T NEED THE SMALL FRIES. LOOK FOR THE OTHER ONE! "

Emily gulped. He couldn't have gotten involved with guys like these, did he? Not again... she thought painfully. She leaned out of the kissing booth looking around wondering if Kyle was nearby.

"WAIT, IS THAT HIM?" Emily turned to where they were facing, and let out a sigh of relief when she realized it wasn't him. Instead of the familiar fire engine hair and arrogant air, the guy that was now twisting and turning through the booths had honey colored locks and a manic kind of energy. She wondered if she should be worried about him. Probably not, seeing how he managed to lose them quite easily. After checking his surroundings, he slowed down and started ambling over towards the kissing booth where their eyes locked. Electric blue. Just a couple shades different from Kyle's. Emily stiffened but he gave her an easy grin and she awkwardly turned away.

"WHERE'D HE GO?" Emily jolted up to hear the men again and the guy must've noticed because he was hastily looking around. She bit her lips wondering what he was going to do when he suddenly sprinted towards her. She started backing up when he grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her close to him landing a kiss right on the lips. Emily was too shocked to even shut her eyes and stared numbly as he pressed his lips on hers. He slowly opened his eyes, and she was stuck staring at the electric blue eyes she was marveling at earlier. She watched his eyes and he did the same, and he must've been happy with what he saw because his eyes crinkled. She swore she could feel his lips curl up into a smile pressed onto hers. Even his kiss was fresh and so much nicer compared to-she shook off the feeling and shoved him off of her. "What was that for?"

"Sorry!" He hastily replied. "I-I'll owe you one some time."

"THERE HE IS!" One of the men pointed straight at him and started calling the others over.