Pillow Talk

The night grew deeper, and their touches were tender and soft as Kyle and Emily laid together in Emily's room. Emily loved how Kyle's hair looked in the moonlight. It was so black it almost looked blue. She stroked it softly watching as the inky hair shifted through her pale fingers.  If someone had asked how she would feel lying next to a half naked Kyle 6 months ago, her reaction would've ranged between disgust and shock. 6 months later, Emily felt so at home nestled between his bare chest and his warm arms. Her heart beat so quickly but it didn't matter because she felt that his heart matched her heart's pace.

"What're you thinking about?" Kyle murmured languidly.

She looked at his blue black hair, his glimmering sapphire eyes, and the pale blue shadow cast over him by the moon.

"How my favorite color is blue," She responded softly. Even though it was so late, neither wanted to go to sleep. They have spent the night slowly - asking questions, learning each other all over again. It was thrilling really. Emily had never felt as vulnerable as she did in this moment. Her top had been thrown off a while ago and she laid in the bed in her bralette and her underwear. Every scar on her was visible, and if it wasn't, he certainly could feel it underneath his skin. Her tattoo which branded her like a curse was revealed. Fully visible, fully vulnerable. She had told him everything. Her heart which once felt like a burden felt so much lighter now that she had shared it with Kyle. He probably didn't even realize how much he meant to her. How much this moment meant to her. She planted a quick kiss on his cheek before turning around and snuggling into his arm.

"What was that for?" He said softly.

"Just because I felt like it," she said. He kissed her shoulder blade, where her Flaming Dragon tattoo burned her skin. He finally had a good look at the work of art that graced her body. He couldn't believe how detailed the tattoo was and wondered how long it took to make such an intricate piece. The dragon's tail wrapped around her arm. The torso and the head was etched into her shoulder blade. The scales glowed red and gold, and darted with flames. The body of the dragon was surrounded by lotus flowers. The last time he saw this, he thought it had been a dream.

"Did it hurt when you got the tattoo?" He asked.

"Not really," said Emily as she stroked the tattoo lazily. "My skin didn't take it too well though so you could feel the ridges of the scar under the ink."

Kyle nodded. His fingertips brushed against the dragon and he felt the bump on her skin. This tattoo probably felt like nothing compared to the ordeals she went through. The scars in her heart ran deeper than the scars that kissed and burned her body. He stroked her back softly. She shivered under his touch. He couldn't believe this moment was real. She was so beautiful his heart hurt. As cliche as it sounded, he never felt this way before. She was so raw, strong, delicate, so real. How had he lived so far without knowing her? Every day that he spent not knowing her seemed to have been filler to the very moment he saw her for the first time 6 months ago. His life was on pause for all his life and it started playing when he realized how much she meant to him.

He turned her around and kissed her hard on the lips hoping she would feel even an ounce of how he felt for her. He shifted back and reveled in the moment her eyelashes fluttered opened revealing her glowing green eyes. Her cheeks were flushed red. He noticed how her lips were swollen and pink, and he couldn't help tremble slightly at how lovely she was. He felt a rush of possessiveness and wrapped his arms around her. He promised to himself that he would do whatever he can to make her happy so he can continue to be by her side.

Neither said a word for a moment, letting the moment sink in.

"Where did you get that scar?" Emily asked as she stroked the bump on his elbow.