He's Hiding and She's Seeking

Emily tapped her foot rapidly in the cab. Her body was filled with nerves and impatience. The moment the cab got to the police station, she bolted out and rushed into the police station.

"Hi Emily," greeted Officer Tucker pleasantly. "Thank you for coming all the way here tonight."

"Hi Officer Tucker," said Emily as she calmed herself. Officer Tucker and Emily had a long history while she was a student at Tuscany Academy. Well, truth be told, their history went even further to when she was in the Flaming Dragons but he didn't need to know that. Before, he was a idiotic cop who failed over and over in trying to bust The Flaming Dragons. After joining the security committee at the academy, she realized that he's a cop who means well. Whenever students got into trouble or there was any sort of threat, she had cooperated with him to make sure the situation was handled. While he was inept at working against a crime syndicate like The Flaming Dragons, he was certainly fantastic at giving students a lecture so fearsome that they made sure to never cross his path again. Emily knew that beyond his tough exterior, he was a marshmallow. In fact, whenever he knew she was coming by he would always prepare a little treat for her. Even now, he handed her a little box, "I grabbed a muffin for you, sweetheart."

"I told ya I didn't have anything to eat all day, and you give that muffin to that rich little prep," complained a voice loudly.

Emily glowered at him, and he must've felt it because he shivered a little.

"What's the situation here?" Asked Emily.

"Hi Emily," said Emmett, the captain of the football team as he waved awkwardly. His wrist was all bandages up and there was an enormous bruise on his eye. Next to him was Taylor Singh, another member of the football team with a busted nose, and Jerome Sanders whose arms were both in casts.

Emily's eyes widened, "What happened to you three?"

Jerome scowled at the kid that had complained earlier. "This hood guy jumped us."

Emily raised a brow as she sized the threat up. He was about 5' 11" with short dark hair. Medium build. He had a scar on his left eyebrow and silver hoops in his ears. Besides the small bruise on his chin, it barely looked like he was in a fight with three grown men. His lips curled into a scowl when he heard what Jerome said.

"Jumped you?" He said incredulously as he banged his hand on the desk. All three of the guys immediately flinched and backed down. "You guys picked a fight and snitched to the cops when I handled your asses."

"That's enough, Lucas," said Officer Tucker. "Now tell me what the hell you were doing all the way from your turf?"

Lucas frowned, "I told you, I wasn't looking for trouble. I was just minding my own business when these suckers picked a fight with me." He stretched his arms widely before throwing his feet onto the chair close to Emmett.

Emily raised a brow, "what do you mean by turf?"

Officer Tucker massaged his forehead with his thumbs as he sighed. "Oh Emily, a good girl like you doesn't need to get involved in this. Lucas here is a prime example of what happens if you choose to forsake your studies and get yourself in trouble."

Lucas scowled, "that's right. I dropped out of high school and yet I'm still an Executive in one of the most powerful gangs in the East Coast, the Mad Ox." Lucas's voice was filled with pride and confidence.

"That's not something to be proud of," chided Officer Tucker. "You guys get yourself in all sorts of trouble. And I hope you know, I'm not finished investigating that case with those bitcoins."

"Yeah, Yeah, I told you I don't know anything about that," said Lucas casually.

"When did gangster activities get so high tech anyways," sighed Officer Tucker. "Listen Lucas Santana, I know you're up to no good here and now you got three top tier students all banged up. I may have not been able to find suitable evidence about all your other evil exploits but they can file charges for this and you'll be going straight to jail."