Chapter 10: Takanori Yuuto's Soliloquy

I lied down in bed, closing my eyes. My body was exhausted, but my mind was still racing. I was kept awake by swirling thoughts in my head.

It was clear that moving forward, I had three main goals. The goal that I must achieve as soon as possible is becoming leader of E Class, which means I have to face Matsushita and Sakigamiya head-on.

It was going to be a difficult battle, as I was going up against the two most influential people of our class. They had all the support on their side, and one wrong move would tarnish my reputation within the class.

I need to manoeuvre in a tricky way. There were two ways to go about claiming leadership. I could try and persuade the two, or I could take it from them by force.

Due to the hint Mikazuchi-sensei gave me about "thinking less tangibly", I had a vague idea on how I could take these two down.

My second goal is beating Kaido. Even though I dislike him, Mikazuchi-sensei is a valuable asset to have on my side. Since I've made a deal with him, I'll see through with it. If he is my mentor, then I'll do the tasks he gives me, and I'll listen to his advice carefully.

After all, he knows more about the school system than I do. While Aunt Rina advised me to not figure out how the system works, a deeper understanding than what we already know would be a huge advantage in the long term.

Just by knowing what can increase or decrease class points can help exponentially, especially since I need to climb E Class from an embarrassing 0 class points to well-over A Class's staggering 950 class points.

My final goal, which is probably the least important, is finding out who X is. I'm not going to let myself be manipulated by a coward who won't show his face.

As he's using Kuwahara as a mediatory between us, my best bet is getting on good terms with Kuwahara and slowly getting information regarding X from him, until I have enough puzzle pieces to discern who he is. However, I do have enough information to narrow down my search.

I believe X is a 3rd Year E Class students, for two reasons.

Firstly, Kuwahara is a 3rd Year. This is important because it's most likely another 3rd Year who is using him. I doubt he'd be willing to do this sleazy dirty work for a 2nd Year.

Secondly, while I originally thought it was someone from A Class, the information I received from Kaido about there being 72 E Class students in 3rd Year changed my mind. Since E Class is the most densely populated class, the chance of X being in it is higher. Not to mention, he's on good relations with Kuwahara, who is also an E Class student.

I'm going to have to investigate the 3rd Year E Class and get to the bottom of this. Considering Matsushita and Kuwahara live together, and I need to take down Matsushita from his leader position, I may be able to do both goals sooner than expected.

But for now, X's identity can be put on the back of my mind. Unless he tries manipulating me again, like when he slipped that letter he under the door of my room, then I don't have a reason to go after him immediately.

Once I achieve leadership and beat Kaido, all that's left to do is start working E Class way up the ranks.

Our first enemy is D Class. Since D Class is sitting at a measly 120 class points right now, I think that we can overtake them in the second semester by the soonest. But by the end of this year, I swear this class will get promoted.

However, moving up was impossible under our current circumstances. Our class had no cohesion whatsoever. The students we had really were the failures of this school.

We had people like Yamaguchi, who'd rather play delinquent and bully his fellow classmates for the fun of it. Then, there were people with serious personality issues, like Yukimura and his volatile anger.