- Part 5

The weekend. Even though we had completed our second week at this school, there was still a lot for me to explore. The majority of my time spent here was in my room where I read and slept for most of the time.

I had only ever visited the bookstore in the expansive Drachma Red area to purchase some new novels. They were lined up on a snazzy bookstore that was pre-installed in my room.

I had yet to visit either Higashi or Nishi Mall. They were very popular, with both staff and students. It was one of GEN Academy's other big attractions.

Due to my current situation of lacking any close friends, I wasn't invited out to go play, so I didn't check it out since there was no reason for me to. I wished someone like Yukina or Matsushita would invite me to play with them. I'd feel like a riajuu if they did.

I woke up around 9am today, and went to go make some breakfast in my kitchen. I decided on eating some cup noodles since it was the least time-consuming to make.

As I scrolled through my phone, I slurped my cup noodles at the same time.

I was checking out the school forums on our preinstalled school app. The main conversation point was about Zyriot and Takemoto's fight. A video of it was going around and being uploaded to just about everywhere.

Akihiro said that he was somewhat glad that it happened, since the fight had pulled attention away from his incident. He said that when he visited the card shop, lots of people told him to get lost just because they perceived him as a delinquent. The fight happening shortly after the incident meant people moved on quite quickly.

School gossip and drama is always like this, isn't it? People lose interest in one drama when something more severe and interesting comes up. New and fresh stories are always better than the same old repeated ones.

After finishing reading everyone's opinions, I checked my private messages. I had only contacted a few people, one of which were Suzune. Yesterday after school, I tried messaging her, though, she didn't reply to me. I guess I might have to give up after all and accept that she sees me as a creepy stalker.

I wouldn't be surprised if she blocked me afterwards.

Well, no matter. I decided that today I'd stop being a shut-in for a day so I could buy a new laptop with my incredible amount of points still in my account. While my phone is great, I wanted something larger to type up essays and format notes on.

I slung my lanyard around my neck and headed out to Nishi Mall. I decided to take the bus there, since it was the cheapest option. I didn't feel like getting a taxi and paying extra. Plus, I might run into somebody I recognise and start up a conversation.

At least, that was the dream scenario I had in my head. When I boarded the bus, it was pretty empty. One or two students were on it, but because it was the weekend, no one had their uniform on. I had no clue which class this guy was from.

I sat down at the back and sighed to myself. Why did I get my expectation up again?

After fifteen minutes, I departed the bus with the other student. He immediately ran over to his friends with a wide grin, while I wandered to the mall alone. I felt embarrassed for being such a loser.

I entered through the automatic doors and felt tiny in comparison to the size of the mall. Seriously, what is something so grand doing here on an island? For students no less?

There were a lot of people around, mainly hanging out with their friends and such. Being alone, I stood out like a sore thumb. I decided to check the map on my phone for how this place was laid out. There were three floors, and each floor had it's own set of shops.