- Part 4

Me and Suzune finished our relaxed evening by eating dessert.

"Thanks for today, Yuu-kun. Let's play like this again sometime." Suzune said.

"How about next week?"

My schedule was very flexible and open. I didn't do anything special or make plans with others in my spare time.

"Sure! Same time, same day?"

"That's fine by me. Where do you want to go?"

"We should come here again. Don't worry, I'll sort out the room again."

"Thanks, that'd be great."

Me and Suzune left the room after finishing. The restaurant was nearing it's closing time, so no one was else was here except us. Tsuji, our waitress, was waiting at the door. As we approached her, she opened the door for us and bowed.

"Thank you for dining here. Please come again soon."

"Thank you as well." Suzune said.

"Thanks." I said, nodding at Tsuji.

We left the restaurant, standing outside where it was considerably colder. A chilly breeze went past us, forcing Suzune to hold down the hem of her dress.

"How are you going home?" I asked. I dug my hands into my pockets.

"Brr... I called for a taxi." Suzune said, shivering with her arms crossed.

"Are you cold?"

"Yeah..."

"Want to borrow my jacket?"

"No way. If I do that, then you'll be cold. I know you hate the cold."

"That was me back in elementary school. I'm not that much of a baby now."

"Well, if I go home with it on, Kimi-san and Yui-san will question me on who's jacket it is."

"It's just temporary, until your taxi gets here."

"But what about you? Don't you want to go home now too?"

"I'm not in a rush, since I'm walking back."

"Eh?! You're going to walk all the way from here to Drachma Red?! Yuu-kun, are you insane?!"

"No buses are available this late at night. Plus, I'm fine with walking back since it's free."

"Mu... I wish you could come with me on the taxi."

"You don't want us to be seen together, though."

"Yeah, but... it's too dangerous to walk alone at night! Especially since it's such a great distance... what if something happens to you?"

"Suzune-chan, I'll be fine. I'm not as fragile as you think I am."

"Yuu-kun, you're a very delicate boy. You should take care of your own body more responsibly."

"I'm not eight anymore."

"You still look like a beansprout, though."

"Well, if you're going to worry about me this much, I guess I can take the train instead."

"Yes, you should. Safety should be your number one priority."

Suzune was as thoughtful as ever. I was still planning on walking home regardless.

Before I could reply, a taxi arrived at the sidewalk, where me and her stood, and parked right in front of us.

"Ah... it's here." Suzune said.