Chapter Seventeen - Empty

Chapter Eighteen - Empty 

-

“Maybe she had it wrong all this time and her empty heart could never be filled by his ingenious broken spirit. Maybe this yearning had nothing to do with him, and everything to do with her.” 

― Coco J. Ginger

-

"Ah Senpai! Can you help me with something? (あ! 先輩、ちょっといいですか?)" You smile and then sweep your hand across your forehead, beads of perspiration going down your face. Even though your face had significantly shrunk in from the lack of food, you still kept on going. All your other school mates and teachers thought you were dieting, but thought you had this kind of sickly beauty going on which kept them from shoving human food in front of you and making you eat the spongy and plastic food down.

The guy in front of you turns around, and then you freeze immediately. He gives off this familiar feeling that you can't shake off, but you just can't react violently because of that one stupid reason. After all, Kaneki was missing, gone, kapoot, away from your line of sight. You didn't know what had happened to him after you had left him to Ayato. By the time you had cleared up the entire river of blood with Arima, Kaneki was already gone, taken away from you.

" Ah! I was wondering if you-!" he starts off with his head faced down, but then all of a sudden, his quinque flashes up in front of you, stopping right in front of your neck. Your lips twitch, giving a weakly forced smile that fails terribly but still encentuates your beauty. The end of the quinque snaps greedily right at your skin, puncturing at different points and injecting the medicine that aimed to slow down the regenerative abilities of a ghoul.

Your weak smile falls into his line of sight and he feels somthing struggle within him, but he can't quite put a finger on the feeling.

Hate. Anger. Desperation. Love. Confusion. 

You raise your hand towards his cheek despite the threat of death at your threat, your fingers barely touching his skin before your hand gets slapped away by another person. 

" Don't touch us, you disgusting ghoul!" He snapped, his quinque stabbing right into your left arm. The blade twists into your shoulder, skin peeling with flesh rotting away instantly at the medicine the small little needles in the sword had hidden. 

" Kuki Urie! Don't do that!" the guy hastily berates and tries to pull the sword away from your shoulder, but the sword is too far lodged into your muscles and bones to be able to be pulled out. You can feel the tiny needles burrowing through your flesh and muscles, the small sharp blades slicing away while the flesh beneath them slowly started to decompose into a rotting mass.

You're smiling but barely breathing as you watch the two of them, one staring while the other was glaring at you. Even with two quinques practically on the verge of slicing you apart, you still casually bent down to pick up the pieces of paper that had fallen onto the floor. Sure, the quinque was making quick work into your flesh every single time you moved, but you still had to get the papers to your teacher by 3 p.m sharp. Furthermore, this Kuki Urie dude just went up there and stepped all over the papers, leaving subtle footprints all over.

" Excuse me, can you shift your foot over there?" You poked at Kuki Urie's leg and he immediately growls at you, his quinque swiping up from your shoulder and onto his shoulder. Unconsciously, he moves away from the paper and you smile, swiftly grabbing the piece and stacking up all the paper into one bundle.