Chapter Twenty- Lovers

Chapter Twenty - Lovers

-

“And then I did what I had never done in his presence, much less in his arms. I cried.” 
― Erich Segal, Love Story

-

" Is the... baby... well?" you questioned, your hand nestled protectively over your stomach. As much as you hated the man, you still loved him after such a long time. So much so as to agree to have a test prototype stuck right up your womb, letting the small little parasite suck on to your life essence and grow stronger with each day.

" Yes Hime-sama, the baby appears to be protected by some sort of shield and is unaffected by all sorts of accidents." the researcher reported, the tablet in his hand gleeming with results from the health checkup you had just completed.

" Will... Never mind. You are dismissed." you raise an eyebrow, and then sigh, shifting to lie on the bed while your other hand waves the researcher away. He bows in respect, hand rested on his upper right shoulder and then moves out silently, the door only making a slight rusty noise before it is closed once again.

Your eyes water, the mere thought of having something so precious being taken away from you just for the sake of the entire population of ghouls. This child... You had heard rumours surrounding you in the entire ghoul population, some saying that you were some whore for the higher-ups while others said you had gotten your retribution for killing so many ghouls.

Even though you would laugh it off, only you yourself knew how much emotional stress you were facing. You hadn't wished for this child to be labelled as something so crude when it was the fruit, the diamond, of what was once present. When they did the experiments, countless had failed, with only one surviving with the essence of Kaneki. You and Kaneki merged into one, a greater being, something worth living for.

Without you even realising it, two columns of tears had slowly made its tracks on your face, the salty water dripping and causing a small wet spot on your blanket.

Just for once, you swore, just for once, you just wanted to be human.

-

Haise huffed as his quinque cut into the kagune of the ghoul. Finally, one shot.

It was hours of attacking and defending against this rank S ghoul and he had to make sure that he was able to capture this ghoul, or at least leave it dead at that. The CCG had enough troubles with the Aogiri Tree already and now small little ghouls were also taking the lead and trying to turn Tokyo into some chaos wrecked haven for them.

" Tsk tsk... Don't you think that you can't defeat him?" you commented, your finger twirling your hair into small little curls. Your lips were crystal red, almost semi-translucent, while your dress was a loose white dress that flowed in the soft wind, hiding your small bump. It seemed to Haise as if you weren't almost there, as if you were just part of a dream, with the feeling of something that he never ever wanted to let go off.

However, as he stared on, the ghoul took the chance to swing his kagune at Haise's arm, only to have his entire kagune sliced cleanly into half.

" Looking for death, hmm?" you chuckle, your hand dripping with blood. You frown at the sheer amount of metallic iron substance that was on your hand, tainting your skin with its diry. With a shake of your hand, the ghoul disappears, sliced into a thousand pieces. The pool of blood causes the stench of the metallic substance to waft through the air, causing you to stumble, your feet weak and vision murky.

You feel a pair of arms grab you just in time before you fall to the ground, the heavy breathing and hot air on your face, the familiar and yet, different smell through your senses.

" Kaneki-sen..senpai?" you mumble, your eyes watering once again and you can feel the cold beads of salt water slowly exit your eyes. Your hand holds his, burying your thumb behind his like how you used to when the both of you went out for dates.The cold tears drip onto Haise's shirt, causing him to feel the sudden change in temperature, a stark contrast from his warm body. Haise becomes stiff, his eyes dilating as his will weakens, but he quickly reverts back to maintain his resolve.

"I'm not Kaneki." Haise mutters as he releases you, retrieving his quinque from the ground. You collapse to the ground, your hands covering your face as you sob, your small figure shaking in the cold winter. " I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry..." you cry, your cries echoing into his heart, stabbing into it once,  and then again with every apology.

" Please don't leave me again.." you shout out, a surge of blood erupting from your throat and then splashing onto the pure white snow, dying it the very colour of desperation. Haise's hand quivered a little, his grip on his quinque shaky. A silent tear slides down, dripping onto his quinque before mixing with it.

"I'm sorry." he whispers, and then walks away into the bright lights of Tokyo's bustling streets,his boots sinking into the snow and leaving you with a cold dark shadow of betrayal in the death of winter.

-

OMFG I'M SO SORRY. OMFG MUCH TESTS. OMG I'M SECONDARY 4, THAT'S LIKE GRADE TEN/ELEVEN(?) IDK

I'M AS BUSY AF.

FML.

I'M SORRY (BOWS BOWS)

HOW ARE YOU?

OMG CAPS.