Chapter Fourteen - Assassin

=

The best part about being alone is that you really don't have to answer to anybody. You do what you want.

Justin Timberlake

-

"Tatara- chan, hit harder!" You screamed as you jumped again, dodging an attack after an attack. Tatara frowned, his kagune whipping through the air and lashing onto you. The skin peeled, the kagune cutting inch after inch into the flesh through the muscles and tendons with your crimson metallic blood spraying across the floor and then you smiled weakly.

Another wound achieved. You most probably had about twenty wounds all over your body, the slow poison seeping into your wounds and slowing down the regenerative effects but everything was fine because everything was going all according to plan.

-

"Kaneki-kun!" You weakly push open the door of Anteiku with the remaining strength that you have left from all that fighting and attacking you did previously with Tatara and Noro as training, stumbling and then collapsing onto the floor, your vision blurred and your mind clouded, a result of your own concocted poison taking a toll on your body and making you seem injured as it slowed down the effects of your regeneration for one hour. At least for a moment, you had to bear with the pain of the injuries on yourself that you had forced Tatara to inflict on you even though you were already pretty numb to whatever pain your body bore.

Touka immediately rushes out from behind the counter and moves to shield you away from the other ghouls as they smell your raw flesh and blood seeping out from your wounds and sneakily attempt to move in for the kill. She frowns and heaves you from the floor, handling you with extreme caution and care for fear of causing even further harm to you. Tsukiyama on the other hand, stands by and smiles as he takes in the smell of your flesh and blood, raw and perfect like the most wonderful dish he had ever smelt in his lifetime.

As they move you into one of the rooms, Tsukiyama presses and calls Kaneki on his cellphone. The small muffled sound of 'yes' and 'no' still reach your ear even as you attempt to pretend to be partially conscious. The alcohol stings your wounds and your face follows to contort with extreme agony.

" I don't know. Let's leave her to rest." You hear Touka's voice and your fingers subtly rake through the bedsheets while your kagune digs into the bed under the disguise of your fingernails. The blanket hides your anger so blatantly revealed and covers your identity, the mask as a human still working its charm even amongst other ghouls. Even the 'state of the art' ghoul scanner that the CCG had could not detect you, or anyone else who was pure ghoul, to actually be a ghoul.

Everyone exits the room, carrying their conversation outside of the room and you shut your eyes, your hand poised above your forehead as you thought about your future plans you had later on.

This time, there would be a direct hit and both the ghoul and human world would be in chaos.

-

"The CCG is clearing and evacuating the twentieth ward. Please make your way to the rest of the following wards."