Chapter Five - Treat

-

"Don't hold something in your arms that you could never hold in your heart."

-

" Let's count to ten, Tsukiyama. If they don't leave her alone, then we'll eat them. How about that?"  Kaneki smiled at Tsukiyama, but yet Tsukiyama knew that this smile was not with kindness. After all the hardships Kaneki had gone through, he now had the heart of a devil, and the capability to love and be kind was a joke. So it was surely a work of art when Kaneki had managed to successfully court you and make you fall in love with him that was beautiful and sinful. Kaneki had told Tsukiyama once that kindness was a sin, and in being kind, only evil prevails.

" Sure." Tsukiyama grinned, his crisp and chirpy voice lightening up the tense atmosphere. Of course, how could Tsukiyama not feel the sheer excitement rushing through him when there was so much prey in sight. There was a group of men circling you and cornering you, forcing you into a dark alley, and the sheer exhilaration of being able to kill made Tsukiyama shiver in excitement.

-

" What do you guys want from me?" you screamed, your cheeks glistening from the tears that ran down your face. You had a rough day and your relationship progress with Kaneki wasn't getting you anywhere either. After leaving the amusement park, you had ran all the way from the amusement park, just so you could you could be away from him.

After all, he was the one who was the irresponsible party in their relationship and nothing could make you feel any better than you were. Hell, you felt the best yet. You had roamed the streets of Tokyo aimlessly, unaware of the eyes that changed their colour as your intoxicating smell wafted into their noses. Your smell that was like maple syrup mixed with a hint of love, was the most gorgeous thing ever to them. It was then elevated by the scent of fear and anger, the emotions that spiced up their sumptuous meal.

However, none dared to move forward, or move even an inch close to you as they smelled yet another scent. The scent of a fellow ghoul that reeked of danger and dominance, coldness and arrogance. Even as their eyes shone with the brightest of sparks, they moved on peacefully with their life, time to time just glancing over the shoulder to check whether Kaneki was still following you or not.

However, you were oblivious to the entire precarious situation that you were stuck in. Of course, you weren't to be blamed. This was considered one of the safest places in Tokyo, as claimed by the CCG. There was only ten deaths in around two months each year compared to the crazy numbers in other areas whether almost ten murders occured daily. And, plus the fact you were completely distraught, this situation was not one that you were to be blamed for.

As you walked down the streets, you hear a cluster of chains hitting each other, the kind of sound metallic boots make when you walk down the road. As you turned back, you saw a group of men behind you, their smirks evidently plastered onto their faces. You attempt to walk faster, but just as you do so, you bump into someone standing in front of you.