Chapter Twelve - Winter

-

“Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.”
― Mark Twain

-

"Say, Noro-kun," you mumble while stuffing your face with food, a finger sticking out rather unpleasantly as you munch on the delectable flesh. The smell of blood makes you even hungrier and you reach out for another hand that's on your brother's plate before he even realizes it.

Tatara glares at you, and then attempts to snatch it back but you stick your tongue out at him as you smack away his hand as if you were swatting some kind of fly.

Noro just watches on, a smile lingering on his face. It was for moments like this that he had actually stayed on in Aogiri Tree. Even though they were ghouls, they still forged friendships like how humans would. Tatara and him were sworn brothers, pledged to fight against humanity till the end until their last breath, and the other would seek revenge in the thirst of blood until the day ghouls won their right to live.

" Can't you take off your mask? Or is it that you're too embarrassed to show me your blushing face at my beauty?" You joke, pulling at a tendon stuck in between the small gap of your teeth. Goddamn, you hated moments like this when you couldn't get that small little food bit out and had to resign to fate, only to find that disgusting piece of food stuck in your toothbrush when you brushed your teeth.

Noro merely patted your head, his large hand enveloping your skull. Tatara glared at him, giving him a  warning not to harm you but you waved it off. After all, you couldn't and wouldn't die off that easily, even under the hands of him. After all, you wouldn't be content to die so fast.

You wanted the world in your hands, and nothing was going to stop you.

Not even the coldness of solitude that entrapped you in its never ending cycle of emotional torture. You were done with that.

Your long shirt covers your mini shorts but you don't really mind about it anyway. Tatara gives you a disapproving look as you move a little to shift your uncomfortable lingerie and you smile sheepishly at Noro. You couldn't complain much because the shorts you were wearing were seriously comfortable and you could almost swear you would kill to wear it for eternity.

" Anyway, how's the CCG side going?" You question, dipping a finger into the sauce of blood mixed with small little tiny bits of fresh meat and sucking it, making a small 'pop' sound as your finger leaves your mouth. The sauce lingers in your mouth and then mixes with your saliva and you stick your tongue out at the two men sitting beside you.

Tatara smacks his forehead in complete resignation, a sign of surrender to which you immediately light up to, the sense of victory causing your excitement to bubble. Noro merely chuckles and then drinks his sake underneath his mask in one gulp.

" They're cooperating. Perfectly." Noro answers, a sadistic tone causing you to widen your smile. You knew how 'perfect' the CCG would cooperate with ghouls. Every single time you walked through the sites just after they had massacred the CCG officers in one area, you would immediately know how much pain and fear they inflicted on these imbeciles, and you liked it.

The sense of fear that was inflicted on the humans as they would be chased down by their predator, hiding in between holes like mice and rats as they attempt to escape the chase that would soon descend upon them. The look of sheer terror on their faces and how they would plead so easily for their lives, their dignity completely trashed by the thought of instant survival.

That was how humans worked, and you liked it. You wanted them to feel the pain that ghouls felt, how disgusting ghouls would be treated by humans. How ghouls had to hide and scramble for safety as the quinques shone through the darkness of the night. How the kagunes would move so quickly just to be cut down swiftly and easily by the investigators.

How Jason felt when he was being tortured by that twisted investigator.

You had fallen in love with Jason the moment you met him in the 13th ward. His care and love making you practically glow. He was always gentle with you even though his build made him seem dominant and overpowering. That was what made you so attracted towards him. Like a moth towards a fire, even though you knew that your father would not allow it. He had protected you in your darkest days, fending off others and killing those who attempted to harm you.

And yet, Rize had killed him in front of your eyes. Or so you thought, your heart completely dead until you saw him in the Aogiri Tree. However, when you approached him, he didn't recognise you anymore, as if that moment that you had was just a fleeting moment.

You found solace in Kaneki, his shadow taking on the shadow of Jason's. He was warm and kind to you, always watching out for you just like how Jason would do in the past. He would go to the extent of killing for you to protect you from any harm at the risk of being caught by other ghouls or the CCG investigators. You had fallen so deeply into him that you couldn't see any way out, and when he left you for Touka, you had no way out except this.

You hated how twisted the world around you had become, the filthy hearts of humans always scrambling for more rights and more power. How they would overpower the weak and yet ironically state it was justified through pathetic means. How arrogant they were, thinking that they were at the top of the food chain. How greed made the heart go blind. How one would betray another so easily.

Just like how Kaneki had done.

After all, he was only human.

" That's good. After all, we're just getting started with this party." you smirk as you move, stealing yet another finger from Tatara's plate and dipping it into the sauce before Tatara can even complain. This time, Tatara only looks at Noro, and then the both of them nod simultaneously before resuming to eat the rest of the meal in complete madness as Tatara continues to hit you as you steal another one of his meal and then hide in the arms of Noro who sits there unmoving, chomping away on another one of his favourite parts of the human body, the liver.

Outside the window, a snow flake drifts through the air but quickly gets shot down by a spray of blood, the warm maroon copper tinged blood melting it before it can even dodge.

A sign of an impeding war.

-

Oh my god, quick update before i turn into complete study mode.

Sorry guys~ urgh exams go away.

Be listening to 'The Neighbourhood - Sweater Weather.'

You can follow me on instagram, but i post random stuff there though~ @flufflesaurs

TATARA AND NORO IS LOVE. TATARA AND NORO IS LIFE.

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON MY GRAMMAR AND EDITING SKILLS. I HAVE NO TIME FOR THAT NOW.