Epilogue

Déjà vualready seen

Déjà vu
already seen.

●○●○●

All around Yoongi were pictures of him, his parents and his sister. Some were taken in different times as they held a part of his memory that he could never forget. He closed his eyes, letting their voices fill his mind. He could hear his parents teaching about his world, his father slipping out a few jokes as his mother scolded him for not paying any attention. He could hear the sweet voice of his sister, singing a lullaby. He wished them to walk out of those pictures so he could relive those memories again, but he was no wizard and neither could he bring back the dead.

He opened the doors and stepped outside, the snow alighting on his face softer than the kisses his mother used to plant on his cheeks but just as cold as the memories had turned. As soon as heaven lost another angel, the world turned itself white with snow, like a new page on a book, but the angel did not want it. He wanted to turn back the pages, back to the beginning and work on the details he had missed, correct the mistakes he had made, but life pulled him forward into the unknown with one hand, erasing the past with the other. The spring will come again, but they won't.

He was all alone in his world.

And there was nothing he could do about it.

After hundreds of years, he still missed his dear sister to this very day. Even though he had lost her as an angel, he knew she was still alive and well. All he wished for was to not let her disappear. The ache of longing to be with her still echoed in his very bones, wishing she was there to occupy the loneliness that was eating him up.

She was gone, but this time she won't come back.

↓↑↓↑↓↑

To Yoonoh, Hoseok had become a silhouette, as if he walked into a photograph that resembled his life, and left behind blackness. There were times when ache comes and goes at random times, always leaving him confused and sad. Everywhere he walked reminded him of Hoseok. After all, it was no longer Hoseok's mansion but his. After Hoseok was gone, the underworld chose Yoonoh as its rightful ruler, giving him no choice but to take over.

Hundreds of years had passed, but Yoonoh felt as if it was too soon.

Even after his brother was no longer in his presence, the life he owned continued, his past forced to throw in flames as he started his future anew. Of course he wanted to rule this world, but he always dreamt of doing it together with the person he felt comfortable the most. Ever since they were little, his parents were strict and never showed any mercy to the two young devils. Knowing they wouldn't die, they were abused for only they knew how long.

It was Hoseok who always had his back, and Yoonoh returned the same gestures as well.

Only Hoseok had the opportunity to hear Yoonoh's silly jokes, teasings and laughter, because they were directed for his brother and no one else.

"Idiot," Yoonoh whispered, sitting on his throne where once his brother sat. "I thought we were going to do this together."

↑↓↑↓↑

"Ah crap, I'm late. Again." The girl groaned, stretching her arms into the early winter morning. She quickly dressed up and stepped outside. Stinging her tired eyes, frosted air made its way into her eyes. She wrapped her scarf twice around her neck and stuffed her hands in her coat pockets after wearing some gloves she found lying on the living room ground.

She walked on the snow filled streets, every single building reminding her of wedding cakes. When she thought it could not get any worse, billions of snow crystals started to fall, causing to her to slow down.

When she arrived at the train station, her heart and mind relaxed as soon as she heard the announcement that her train was going to be late due to some problems because of the heavy weather. She mentally rose her fist in the air and walked towards her platform. After seconds of walking, she heard a faint sound of a bell ringing past her ear. It lasted only for three seconds but the girl turned around quickly, hoping to recognize the sound again. For her disappointment, there was nothing that caused the sound.

She sighed into her scarf, only seeing the back of a young man walking away.

She turned around and continued walking. When she got on the train, she still kept wondering how and why she heard the sound of a bell.

As she entered her workplace after an hour, she grabbed her white doctor's coat and rushed into her room.

Just like how the sun came, it started to say goodbye as well, promising to rise again the next day. The girl yawned and stepped out of the building, her mind filled with thoughts of going to bed after having a long bath when suddenly she heard the familiar sound of the bell again. Her vision blurred as she rapidly turned herself around, finding nothing but a tall figure walking away. It was the same person she saw at the train station.

She furrowed her eyebrows and shouted, "Wait."

The guy stopped in his tracks. It was fairly quiet and the girl could only hear her heart beating fast against her chest, threatening to break out of her ribcage.

"Do I know you?" He asked, tilting his head after turning around to face her.

"No...it's just. I thought I heard something when you passed by." She said, sighing into her scarf like she did in the morning.

"A faint sound of a bell..." He spoke again.

The girl looked up from her scarf and stared at him, her mouth open just a little bit as her eyes twinkled.

"M-my name is Min Sohee." She smiled, walking closer to him.

The stranger smiled warmly, enough to wash away the coldness Sohee was feeling, and said in return,

"I'm Jung Hoseok. Nice to meet you, Sohee."

The end

The end.

●●●

The real end,a cliffhanger?