~09~

~°~

~°~

Sohee found herself sitting under a sakura tree on an autumn morning, a cool breeze blowing her black hair as a smile made its way towards her soft pink lips. Next to her a river flowed by, water as clear as cristal and just enough to dip her feet in. The sky was pastel blue, radiating a bright hue with cotton like clouds. It was a perfect description for her, to call this place her home.

It was her home indeed, where she truly belonged after hundreds of years of being alone. Of course, she only knew little about this place, which is why she waited for Hoseok, who left her for a moment.

When he came back, he did not look happy.

"Let's go." He whispered and took her hand, gently intertwining their fingers.

"Hoseok, will you tell me what this place is?" Sohee asked, following him closely and studying the place more. It was neither Earth nor Hell, but she was sure this place used to be very important to her.

The devil didn't answer and continued to lead the girl. When he finally stopped, they were standing in front of a large white gate, which had golden swans glistening on the top.

As soon as Sohee entered, she was greeted with a warm hug, which she would never want to let go. But unfortunately the person who had hugged her had pulled away, smiling through tears as he gave her an angelic smile. "Welcome back, my sister."

"Yoongi?", questioned she, tear drops falling on the ground as she tried to process the feeling of meeting her brother for the first time, yet it wasn't. "Min...Yoongi?"

The said male nodded, taking her shaking hand in his and giving it a light squeeze. He met her teary eyes with his, exchanging words of happiness only they could understand. That moment lasted only for a minute before Hoseok cleared his throat and snaked his arm around Sohee's waist, pulling her closer as Yoongi let go of her hand.

"How much does she know?" Yoongi asked, his eyes not leaving Sohee's, afraid that she would disappear again.

"She has no clue about her past with you, but strangely she met you in her dreams and recalls you of being her brother." Hoseok answered as Yoongi led them inside a large white castle made with fine glass. "You asked me to bring her here all of a sudden, Yoongi. You broke the rule."

Sohee watched them, confused and furious of not knowing about the truth. She knew the blond man in white was her brother and that was it. She didn't know where she was, what she was doing here and why Hoseok and Yoongi seemed to cold towards each other. Instead of listening to their bickering, she decided to focus on the castle's interior.
It was as if she was walking in a fairy tale castle, except the castle shined brighter than any castle she read about in those books. Her mind and heart were both at peace and she felt no emotion anymore, forgetting that she was curious about her past life and Yoongi.

"Okay fine, you tell her." A door slam brought the girl back into the reality. She turned around and noticed only Yoongi, awkwardly standing next to a bookshelf, giving his sister a small smile while Hoseok was no where to be seen.

"He doesn't want to be here while I explain the truth to you." He sighed and took a seat, gesturing Sohee to do the same. "Are you ready?"

Sohee sat across him and nodded, finally being able to hear the truth. She saw how Yoongi hesitated, doubting if he should actually do this or not.

"Trust me, I won't act strange after hearing the truth." She whispered, a hint of desperateness visible in her small voice. "Ever since I died, my life has been nothing but a chaos. I thought I would go to heaven after my death, but I was escorted to hell even though I didn't commit any sins that would actually cost me to marry the Lord of the Underworld."

"After you die a human, you can never return to heaven Jung Sohee." Yoongi said.

"What do you- wait, return?" she wrinkled her eyebrows and gulped. What if she was here before?

"Where do you think you are right now?" Yoongi asked, looking around. "Isn't this a place you would never want to leave?"

Her eyes widened, realising what he meant. Before she could even stutter out a 'really?' Yoongi smiled, but this time with his gums. "It is time that you find out the truth about Min Sohee."

↓↑↓

Hoseok sat under a sakura tree in the castle garden, a total opposite one if you compare his garden with Yoongi's. He let his eyes wonder, catching small glimpses of fairies hiding from him and whispering in their own language which Hoseok couldn't understand. If you look up to the sky, you would see angels dressed in pastel flying with their own wings as if they were never once a human. He chuckled sarcastically, finding Yoongi's world nothing but a pathetic excuse to protect weak people from hell. He believed that the underworld made humans stronger and better, and that good never existed in the first place. There was always some wickedness left in every human and all of them belonged in his kingdom and no where else.

The garden doors suddenly slammed open, awakening the devil from his thoughts about plans of destroying this very place. He stood up from his position and turned around, meeting his wife's cold stares, who stood at the entrance as if she was ready to run away whenever Hoseok tried to approach her.

"Sohee-"

"Don't you dare to speak of my name with your dirty mouth." She spat, taking a step forward with her newly found confidence.

Hoseok knew from the bottom of his soul that she was going to act like this, but for him it was too soon.

Way too soon.

"Listen-"

"No Hoseok, I've heard enough." Sohee whispered, finally letting the tears blury her vision. She tried to hide her emotions, but at the moment she couldn't care any less. Her heart was screaming in pain, wanting to forgive Hoseok but Sohee knew better than anyone to not to let her feelings to get in the way of something so serious. "Go home without me. No go to your home without me. I was never supposed to be there and I will never return."

"Sohee, listen to me, please." Hoseok felt the pain. All the exact emotions she was feeling, he felt them.

"Leave, I have nothing else to say to you. Goodbye, Hoseok." She took a one last glance at him before closing the garden doors.

Hoseok shut his eyes tightly, regretting every decision he made in his life.

He finally knew how it was. To feel the ache in his non existing heart. He was afraid to lose her but he realised it was already too late. As Sohee leaned against the garden doors from the other side, sobbing lightly, Hoseok left one red rose, promising to return.

A promise he would soon become to regret in the near future.

●●●

Hiiiiii I'm trying to update as much as I can and finish this book so I can finish the other ones.
Uh the struggle ;-;