~02~

~°°°~

~°°°~

Min Sohee didn't expect the day of her wedding to finally come as fast as a god on a skateboard. The ideal type of a wedding for her might be, a bright big hall filled with people she knew, a white wedding gown that reaches just above her knees and of course, the man she loved the most holding her hand.

None of those options seemed valid for her anymore. She was in hell. Where bright halls nor white dresses barely existed. Maybe love didn't exist either, seeing how cruel the devil himself was.

Speaking of the devil, Jung Hoseok, an immortal but also Sohee's soon to be husband, was not the the typical cold man. He was cold, yes. Colder than ice. What stood out the most was his cruelness. And Sohee became to despite it. He didn't give mercy, giving her doubts about his heart. If he had one that is.

His perfectly sculpted face always had the blank expression. He rarely smiled or laughed. A smirk was an exception or a bitter chuckle. He wasn't the one who would express his emotions and he preferred to work alone.

Sohee was mad. Beyond mad, she was close to a rage quit. She wanted to destroy hell with her own bare hands and go back to her old life, which she became to miss. Her hard work was gone in a blink just because of a stupid dumb girl.

She rarely saw Hoseok, which was a big relief. She didn't want to see him and Hoseok couldn't careless about her her. Sohee was kept locked inside her large room, the doors only being opened when spirit maidens brought her food or they wanted to assist her in clothing.

Once, after she was alone, she tried to cut herself with a knife. It brought back a lot of memories but she didn't care. Being here pained her the most. The foreign Air she's breathing, the surroundings, everything made her sick.

But the matter was, she didn't bleed. She couldn't kill herself no matter how hard she tried.

She was immortal.

That of course, was the problem. The moment she entered the underworld, her life was over and the real game began. She could neither win or lose, but she needed to keep going. From that moment, she was destined to stay in there for eternity.

Alone.

It had been weeks since Sohee was locked inside. She didn't have any company, except for those maiden spirits which creeped her up multiple times. She didn't have the chance to meet Hoseok's wives at all. She wondered why he needed her to be his wife. Out of every woman, he chose her.

She wanted to know the reason.

And she will ask him today.

"You look pretty, mistress Min." a maiden complimented. But she didn't sound sincere. Her voice was filled with jealousy and hate, jealous because of her position and hate because of her life. Sohee wanted to scream at her, to tell this was not exactly what it looks likes. Sure, if they want to be in her shoes, she would gladly step aside.