~07. 5~

~°~

~°~

His lips curled upwards and Sohee saw from the reflection of the clear water, that he was smiling brightly at the current version of herself. A man she didn't recognize but seemed oddly familiar, probably two or three years older than her, judging by his appearance.

"It's been a while since we had alone time together," The man sighed in relief, pulling the female closer to him. "I've missed you so much. The work I have to do makes me go crazy."

Sohee chuckled, responding after a second of silence. "Yet you still manage to do very well." As if it was just a dream, Sohee knew how to respond or what to do. She was another person, who seemed to act more mature.

The calming river passed through the green forest wide and opaque. The water was green, a shade darker than the forest but still, green. The sound of a birdsong mixed with the flowing water, which gifted a peaceful sound was suddenly interrupted by the man's voice once again. "It's you who keep me together, like a broken flask glued with tape. Without you, I would not survive, ever."

Hearing those words coming out of his mouth brought her to almost break down in tears. The feeling was unexplainable for she had already known it was just a dream where she recalled everything about. "But Yoongi, you are the ruler, the king. You can do fine without me, besides, it's not like I'm going anywhere."

Yoongi?

The King?

Sohee did not know what her mouth was spilling. She didn't understand a single word. Confusion crept up to her milky white face like an old friend, but at the same time she knew what to say again. "What kind of a brother are you? Scaring me with theories like this" She found herself pouting, resting her head on Yoongi's shoulder like a lost child.

"But my baby angel, you are the only one I have here." Yoongi replied, choosing to mention the nickname Sohee used to inherit when she was a little child. "I don't want to loose you to you know who." (No, not Voldemort lol)

Sohee tensed, her body becoming stiff as her brother mentioned someone who she despised all her life. "He might have taken our parents away but I promise you, he will never do the same to me. You know why? Because I have my big brother looking after for me no matter what and if any soul dares to mess with you ever again, I don't think they would last." She smirked, hoping to see his touched reaction.

"He's powerful than me," he said.

Sohee felt as if she had been slapped but with words. "Oh shush, I was trying to convince you with whatever you're dealing with. You and him are different, it's just you're better than him in many aspects."

Yoongi knew better to than outsmarting her. It was no use to convince the female otherwise. "Sohee, I have a question."

She hummed in response.

"What do you think of him, you know who- No, let me rephrase that. What do you think of Jung Hoseok?"

With a jolt, Sohee woke up suddenly from her dream, her eyes taking in every ray of light, trying to adjust into them. Her heart was already pounding, her mind empty. She crawled under her blanket, straining into the darkness as her breathing rate began to steady.

Her dream was vivid. It was as if she'd seen it before, although never in her life did she have a brother named Yoongi.

A brother.

In the orphanage it was only Sohee, by herself. She didn't have anyone to call her brother nor sister. The thought of having a brother only made the dream portray unrealistic. Yet, why didn't it feel unrealistic at all?

For Sohee's own surprise, her eyes spilled tears. Tears of sadness and confusion. She started to miss Yoongi, someone she had just met in her dreams but in the same time, she missed her parents, two people her heart cried more for.

The rest of the morning was spent crying, sobbing and weeping. By the time Sohee ran out of tears, she already knew it wasn't just a dream.

It was a small piece of an unfinished puzzle in the depths of her memories.

•••

Helloooo. This is just a small filler chapter with a peak of Sohee's past. It's not as long as any of other chapters but this does the trick so hope you enjoy!

-Haru