~01~

~°°°~

~°°°~

In a moment of flash, Sohee stood in midst of a vast darkness. Everything was pitch black, yet there was a spotlight on her. Fear hit her like a falling tree in an ice storm. She was barefooted, and the soles of her feet were extremely hot. It was impossible for her eyes to penetrate the darkness no matter where she looked. This darkness weighed heavily on her shoulders. The darkness felt as if it were brooding and rotating about her. Then, the loneliness, and the sheer depth of her aloneness takes her fear to a level she never knew. 

Even the smell made her stomach turn. It made her sick and nauseous. She tried to run away but she got slammed into an invisible wall, causing her to stumble back.

"You must be patient." A voice was spoken behind her. Her heart beat rapidly as she tries to look for the owner.

"I'm Zen. I'm the reaper or you can say, death. Come with me. You need to be escorted to your place." A young man, who looked slightly older, although he was immortal, appeared in front of her. He had tousled white hair and blood red eyes. A black, knee length leather coat was hugging his well built body along with a pair of black leather pants.

"Where am I? Aren't I dead?" Sohee spoke, her own voice sounding strange.

"We're on our way to the underworld." Zen answered, raising his hand and making the darkness around them disappear.

Both of them stood in front of the large gates of Hell, the fire licking at Sohee's skin, making her hiss. She watchef the deep flames of the enraged fire through blurry eyes. She couldn't breathe, nor could she hear even the simplicity of her heart racing in her chest. She continued to choke and splutter,  her struggling ceasing. The smoke smelt of kerosene, and had a strange scent of perfume through it. Her mouth gaped in a scream as they ate her flesh, licking greedily at her skin, but no sound came. Each lick was harsher, more painful- leaving a greater black burn each time.

"Why am I in hell? I don't belong here. What sin did I commit?" Sohee cried, trying to stop her skin from burning. Zen eyed her uninterested as if this was something usual for him.

"You will know later." Zen clapped once and the burning sensation in herr skin disappeared, along with the scars. Sohee looked good as knew when she first came here. Like Zen, the fire around her didn't affect her any longer, causing her to wonder the reason.

"Why–"

"Be patient." Those two stern words from him made Sohee quiet.

Sohee knew that Hell was reserved for those who knew their actions were wrong and did them regardless, enjoying the anguish of others and taking what was not rightfully theirs. She was shocked to find herself in this place. Her past life had been almost a private hell when she was in her early teens. Yet, she didn't do any sins that would actually lead her to the underworld.

After entering the large gates, Sohee didn't feel sick any longer. Her stomach was normal and her head didn't throb from pain. The unfamiliar feelings started to fade away slowly.

"Welcome to Hell, Mistress Min." Zen cleared his throat. He was walking beside her, giving her a chance to study where she was going to stay permanently.

Sohee stopped, "Mistress?" she was wondering if anyone who comes here were treated like this. But why was she seeing millions of people suffering far away. She heard screaming. Women, men and even children.

Zen decided to ignore the confused  woman and walked further, passing by all of the torture fields for the sinners. Each and every one only got worse and Sohee was almost sure that her punishment would be much worse.
On their way, Sohee spotted a few demons, munching on wasted human organs as if they were fresh fruits. She felt disgusted at the sight and the feeling of sickness began to rise up once again.

"Do I have to get used to this?" Sohee asked. "Or this this just a pathway to heaven?"

The hope in her voice made Zen almost burst out in a mocking laughter. He didn't want to Burt her bubble but the woman next to her needed to know the truth. "You have to get used to all of this everyday and don't worry, heaven and hell are no where near eachother. The reason why you are actually here is just a plain accident."

Sohee halted her thoughts. She wasn't expecting the reaper to say that. Her death wasn't planned all along, yet it somehow happed. Because of that one teenager.

"Everything started to rush and our master wanted you right away. Pathetic I say. He knew you belonged in heaven but his greed didn't let anything happen." Zen rolled his eyes secretly at his master. He wasn't realizing that he was talking about something more confusion to Sohee until she decided to speak again.

"I don't understand. Please explain, Zen."

Once again, the reaper chose to ignore her and walked faster until they reached a what it seed like a large castle. In there stayed the real deal. The one who wanted Sohee.

"I have other business to attend Mistress Min, please escort yourself in and head to the throne room. You will find it quicker. Excuse me." Zen bowed before disappearing from her sight. She could only sigh, feeling somewhat nervous of being left alone in the underworld. She could've disobeyed Zen's instructions but she knew there was no where else to go. The underworld was too big and scary for her to escape. She didn't know the exit.

Brushing her ebony brown hair back, she stepped inside. The doors opened themselves, as if they were ordered to. She shivered, unlike the hotness outside, it was cold indoors. Her eyes started to study the empty round hall, occupied by guards. None of them gave an expression.

In between two guards was the throne room. Sohee had a bunch because the doors were wide open. She knew it must be for her and someone was waiting inside.

She still had a small chance to back away and run for her life. But she didn't have any. She was forever trapped in this world of hell and she had already begun to despise at that thought.

"Here I go..." She whispered to herself, walking inside.

The throne room looked no different that the entrance of the castle. It wasn't flaming hot, yet somehow warm. The walls were filled with picture frames of unknown people. Or might say past rulers. Sohee noticed a large black throne on the stage occupied by a devilish looking handsome young man about her age. He was staring down at her, his black orbs throwing daggers. His eyes were almost covered by his dark black fringes, get Sohee felt his fierce glare. He was wearing something similar to Zen's. A dark leather knee length coat with a pair of leather pants. Only his pants were ripped at his knees and he was wearing a chained belt around his hip along some black harness. He also had a piercing on his right ear.

He pulled his hair black and stood up, walking towards Sohee.

"You must know who I am by now." He spoke, his deep voice entering her ears.

"No." Sohee answered shortly.

"I suppose, Zen left me to explain you." The man let out a cold chuckle, "I'm Jung Hoseok, your master and the ruler of this underworld."

Sohee waited for him to continue. She still did not understand why she was brought here, especially into this castle and not some punishment pit. Thinking about the punishments almost made her vomit.

"The reason why you're here..." Hoseok continued as if be read your mind, "I want you to be my bride."

"Wait...excuse me?!" Sohee almost shouted at him. She was left in an utter confusion.

Hoseok turned his back to her, heading towards his throne. "You will find out the reason soon, but for now all I can say is that you will soon become my 6th wife."

...
Hi! Updateeee. How is it?

~Haru