~08~

~°~

~°~

In the following next few weeks Sohee managed to avoid Hoseok. The devil grew impatient and somewhat angry towards the poor mistress who gained a small part of her memories. Of course, Sohee being the stubborn person she was, didn't dare to spill a word, afraid that her husband might summon a demon to erase her memories. Nevertheless, Sohee knew Hoseok was part of her past. The past she wasn't aware of, which would reveal her true self. She was determined to know, even if it meant she might loose her place in this hellhole as a dead soul trapped in her own body.

So on a fine Wednesday afternoon, Sohee knocked on Hoseok's bedroom door. At first no one answered, causing the female to turn around and leave, but a hand stopped her.

"Finally decided to talk to me." It was a statement than a question. Hoseok wasn't in his room but he was in the throne room, fulfilling his duties as the ruler of the underworld until he decided to take a small break. That was when he spotted Sohee, leaving his room after giving up on waiting for him. "Did I do something wrong?"

The first thing came into Sohee's mind was how a particular scene from her favourite K-drama had come to life. All it missing was an emotional background song. Hoseok was still holding on to her tightly but careful enough to not to bruise her skin, and his deep brown eyes searched the answer in hers, hungry for an explanation. "Yes, you did."

As soon as he heard those words, his frown had gotten deeper. "Then, spill."

Sohee rolled her eyes and gestured towards the door, signalling him it was better to talk inside. The old Sohee, who had just arrived in hell would never be this bold at that time to even talk to Hoseok without stuttering but now, she had gained so much courage and confident after learning the true side of Jung Hoseok.

Hoseok locked his door after both of them entered the large room, only lit by a dim light which hung low on the wall. Hoseok didn't bother to turn all of his lights on for he was still curious of what Sohee wanted to say.

"Who am I?" Sohee asked softly, taking a seat on his bed.

Hoseok leaned against the wall next to her and stared at the window, watching lost souls wandering in the evening sky. "What are you trying to say?"

Questions answered only by questions, which was quite nerve-wracking for the both of them in which is why Sohee decided to get straight to the point. "Who's Yoongi and why," She paused for a moment before continuing, "Why is he being identified as my brother?"

"You're just ill. There is no one named Yoongi and you don't have a brother." Hoseok answered monotonously with no hint of emotions written on his face. "Go back to you room-"

"Coward."

"What?" Hoseok shifted his gaze from the window to her, furiously demanding.

"I won't be swayed by your pathetic excuses, Hoseok. If you're afraid of telling me the truth, I have no intention to stay here." Sohee continued, clutching the silky bed sheets to release her anger she held in for the past few weeks since the day she knew about her brother. "Just say what I'm doing here and why I'm not with Yoongi at the first place."

Instead of harshly spitting meaningless words at the woman, Hoseok leaned down and cupped her cheeks. "What if I told you, we are the same age?"

"What do y-" Her sentence was cut off by a pair of soft lips, savouring her slowly as he pinned her against the silk of the bedsheets, the mattress sinking of the weight of the two. Sohee noticed how her hands released the strong grip from the sheets, her mind going blank. It was somehow peaceful.

"It's a long story, but if you're willing to trust me on this, I will tell you everything slowly. Not everything at once, but one at a time. Deal?" Hoseok whispered, studying her eyes carefully and kissing her again. He was trying to calm her down from her rage, and it was working perfectly.

Sohee blushed, looking away and nodding as an answer. Hoseok grinned for a split second before getting out of the bed. "I have duties to finish. Let's talk after midnight and, don't forget to bring your helmet."

Sohee didn't know how Hoseok was planning to reveal everything but knowing he would finally tell her caused her mind to ease. Without another word, the devil left his room and headed back to his throne room, where Zen waited to carry on with their work.

Midnight arrived without Sohee knowing. She was busy in the library looking for any clues that might help her to regain her memories. Mouth pursed, slightly open and loose, she concentrated on discovering her past by herself. Although she trusted Hoseok for answers, her curiosity had gotten the best of her. Therefor she kept herself busy until the next meeting with him, hoping to find something little at least.

"You won't find anything in there," a familiar deep voice hung in the air. "Not in this library."

Sohee didn't meet his gaze. She continued to flip through the pages until Hoseok grabbed it from her grasp and placed it on the shelf.

"I told you to trust me, didn't I? Now, come." Hoseok smiled. For the first time, Sohee saw the devil smiling genuinely at her.

"Where to?", questioned she, tilting her head in confusion. "If it's earth-"

"No, I'm afraid we won't be going on our usual dates-"

"Wait, you call those dates?" Sohee snorted, recalling back all the times she spent her free time with Hoseok on earth, visiting every place but she wouldn't call those dates which normal couple would go on. Those dates were always at night when people barely breathed on the streets.

"I suppose you can call those dates. I remember all the silly things you did as a typical girlfriend." Hoseok chuckled, playing with the only ring he had on his ring finger. "Except you're my wife."

Sohee noticed too that he didn't wear any of his other marriage rings, yet he still kept wearing the one he shared with Sohee, which softened the girl's heart.

"Anyways," Hoseok cleared his throat and handed Sohee her helmet. "We're leaving, right now."

"Where?" It was the second time Sohee asked this question.

Hoseok sighed and wore his helmet, not wanting to share the answer, but most importantly the truth.

"Hoseok?"

He bit his lips, deciding to tell her. "Home. You're going home."

●●●

MICaSa wiTH CHu ImMA FeEL RIcH-
I hate having a writers block and I am very sorry. I know I say that everytime but I can't help but feeling guilty for not updating :/
Also because my english is getting worse and school is stressing me out smh why can't I be gifted in writing?

Anyways, stream CNS :3♡