Chapter 22

GIMME I MY VOTES BRUH... Or I'm fina get real petty with yall...😂😂. I love yall tho. ❤️ ! EXCUSE THE MISTAKES! Fina take my ass to bed. I got work tomorrow. !!

Jordynne

I turned over in the bed and checked the time. 7:34am. I sighed and laid back down. I hadn't seen Aug or the kids in over a week and it was killing me literally. But I knew I had to do this in order to get this over with. Today was Autumn's party and I had a lot to do. I got up to get my day started.

-

I was stepping out of the shower when I heard a knock at my hotel door. I wrapped a towel around my naked body and carefully walked to the door, trying not to bust my ass on the hardwood floors. I looked the the peephole but no one was there. I grabbed my gun out of the desk by the door.

"Who is it?" I asked innocently before swinging the door opened. No one was there nor in the hallway but there was a package. I slowly picked it up before looking around and walking back in. I tossed it on the bed. I turned to walk to the closet to find something to wear when there was another knock at the door. I hurried to the door again, swinging it open.

I was bombarded with a kiss while being pushed back inside my suite. I heard the door closed and I broke away from the kiss.

"August, what the hell?"

"Jordynne, lis-"

"No, August, you can't be here. It's not safe." I stepped back away from him only for him to grab my waist, pulling me closer.

"I know you said we had to stay distant but I'm not losing you ma. I refuse to let you go."

I sighed and sat on the bed. I really didn't want him involved in the mess. I know I just couldn't live with myself if Aug died.... Again... Because of me.

"Aug-"

"Jordynne, I swea I'll make it right. I'll be a better man. I love you and I'm madly in love with you and have been for the past 4 years. We been thru so much shxt ma. So much and I love you for sticking with me even tho I wasn't shxt but I'm gon be that nigxa you'll marry."

I rested my forehead on his and cups is face in my hands. August was my whole and has been for since he walked into his moms law firm back in Texas. We went thru fights and everything but he's still my number 1 no matter what. I didn't even realized I was crying until he wiped my tears.

"I know you still in love with a nigxa like me," he sang to the tune of No Love which caused me and him to laugh. He was right.

"I never fell out of love with you. I just had to stay away from you." he frowned at me. "Why?" I sighed and told him about all the shxt I did with Shae from the killings to trying to find who was behind his "death" to catching Raye at the club. He listened intensively as I told him about Dominic and my plan and also about Brandon.

"Ma, Brandon been rocking with me since NOLA, why would he turn fake?"

I shrugged. "I don't know but he fake."

"Soooo that's why you was so feisty around him? I get that but why you just didn't come to me ma?"

"You? The nigxa who pulls the trigga first? Nah, cuz my plan to find out who behind this would've falling apart and yo ass would have us On The Run like Jay & Bey!"

He laughed as he pulled me off the bed by my legs into his lap. "You right. So what we gon do mastermind?" He put his face in the crook of my neck, inhaling my body wash. He hands roamed my body as I tried to pry away.

"Why you tryna run from me? I don't bite," he mumbled into my neck.

"Because, I-i-i," I stuttered as I tried to keep my composure but this nigxa was working wonders on my neck.