Chapter 21

PLUG: GO READ. "THEY DON'T KNOW" BY ME AND RENEE. ITS ON MY PAGE. VOTE AND COMMENT AND I MIGHT JUST GIVE YALL ANOTHER UPDATE TONIGHT. 😊. ANYWHO. ENJOY AND EXCUSE THE MISTAKES. IM OFF TO WORK NOW. BYYEEE

Jordynne

I pulled up to valet and grabbed my MK bag out the seat as I slid on my nude red bottoms getting out of my Benz. I pulled my skirt down a little as the attendant came toward me.

"Afternoon Ms. Parker."

I gave him a warm smile. "Afternoon sweetie." I pushed my shades pulling my hair out of my face as I walked into the restaurant. The host smiled at me.

"Reservation?"

"Uh, I'm actually meeting a friend. I think he's already here though."

I pulled out my cell and dialed Dominic. He answered right away.

"Hey, are you here?"

"Yeah."

"Be right there." We hung up and I turned my attention back to the host. "He's coming out. Thank you." She nodded and I stepped to the side so she could help the next guest.

A minute later, Dominic came from around the corner and my gawd he looked so good in a suit and they way he licked his lips made me think about all the things he could do to me wit-. Oh my gosh. Get your shxt together Jordynne. August will KILL you. I shook my improper thoughts off as he pulled me into an embrace. He smelled so good.

Lawd hammercy. Please pull it together J.

"You look good," he whispered in my ear then pulled away from me. I cleared my throat a little bit as he grabbed my hand and lead me to our table.

"Hard workout huh?" He said as we sat down. "Excuse me?"

He chuckled a little bit. "You were really out of it last night. You texted and cancelled cause you're legs were hurting. I'm guessing yesterday was leg day."

I felt my face turn red in embarrassment. I was going to kill August. "Uh, yeah. Plus I was in mommy mode running around after the little ones," I lied.

"Speaking of the little ones..." he trailed off. I took a sip of the water that was on the table. "What about them?" I asked giving him my full attention. "When can I meet them?"

My eyes trailed to the menu. "Uh, I don't think that's a good idea." He gave me the side eye. "Right now," I added. He nodded slowly and looked over the menu.

"Is it a reason why?" he asked not looking up from the menu.

"Yeah, I don't really know you well enough to bring my kids around just yet. When it comes my cubs, mama bear will put a bullet in anyone who tries to harm them," I laughed but in all actuality I was dead ass.

He smiled. "That's cute, how protective you are. I bet you're a great mother."

"I would like to think so."

"So what about their father?" I swallowed hard. Why the fuck do it feels like I'm being interrogated. I haven't been asked this many questions back to back since Aug's "death". I took another sip of water.

"He's dead," I said straight up as I leaned back in my seat clearly annoyed. I guess he wasn't expecting me to be so blunt. "My bad. I didn't mean to step on ya toes. I just like to know about the woman I'm tryna get involved with."

"Well, I still have a close relationship with his mother and cousins but other than that he's someone in my past I don't bring up until my children ask. Anything else?" I folded my arms across my chest.