Chapter 8

Before I start, thanks to yall who started voting and commenting. I'm asking for the same (25) votes and (25) comments for another chapter. I hope you guys enjoy this one. LOVE. ❤️

6 MONTHS LATER

Jordynne

I tightened the shoe strings on my all black Timbs before grabbing my keys & phone and jetting downstairs. The house was quiet so I assumed Scoota and DJ were either sleep or gone. I looked at the clock. 3:57 AM. Right on time. I hopped in my car and drove away.

I checked my rear view mirror making sure no one was following me before pulling into the storage. I parked my car in the vacant spot before getting out, closing the garage door and putting the lock on it. Checking my surroundings, I walked down to the end of the lot. Spotting the black Tahoe I parked at the end, I quickly walked to it and got in.

"Breathe Jordynne. Just breathe," I said out loud. I don't know why I was so nervous. I've been planning this for the past 6 months. I followed each person on the list, determined to find out who was behind all of this but the leader was never around. So I just studied the helpers. Learned their routines as if they were mine. I slowly pulled off, heading to my destination.

I hit the lights as I pulled into the driveway and killed the engine. I reached under my seat and pulled out a .45. I examined the gun and thought back to when Aug first taught me how to shoot.

FLASHBACK

August guided me thru the doors as he held on to my hand.

"Can I take this blindfold off now?" I whined. I hate surprises just as much as he hates snitches. He lightly kissed my hand. "Nah, not yet."

"August, hey how's it going?" A female voice said causing me to turn in the direction of her voice. "If that's one of ya hoes Anthony I'm going the fuck off, I mumbled.

"Chill out. It ain't." he continued to guide me before we came to a complete stop and he removed the blindfold. I blinked a few times to adjust my eyes to the lighting to see that we were at a gun range. I frowned. "Really?"

He just laughed. "Well you always talking about you want to learn how to shoot so I'm a teach you."

"I mean you couldn't have just did that in the backyard?"

"We live with the white folks baby. Do you really think that would be a good idea?"

I thought about it before laughing and shaking my head. Hell nah. They already didn't want us there. My eyes drifted to him holding a hand gun.

"This right here, is a .45 or as Jody Breeze say a foe' fifth," he laughed. I just shook my head before picking up the earmuffs and putting them on. Aug stood behind me and pulled me close, as if we were one.

"I'm a teach you two ways to shoot, so I'll never have to worry about leaving you."

The scent from his cologne made it hard to focus. His chin rested on my shoulder as he began to explain. I was so lost in wanting to do him right here that I didn't know he was calling me.

"Jordynne!"

"Huh what?"

"Focus baby."

"I was...... Well trying to. I can't help it if Gawd blessed your DNA," I exaggerated. He chuckled and kissed my cheek. "You can have all of this when we get home but for now, let's focus on the task."