Another Prophecy

It was a long ride from the south back to north. It wasn't weird when they started to get tired. By the time of the noon all of them were exhausted. Shu pulled the reins of his horse and stopped it. "Let's rest here" He said looking at the tired gazes of his friends.

Everyone agreed in an instant. All of them got off from their horses and pulled out the stuff they needed for make a meal. When the others get to work Shu and Adam got together to calculate how far they have to go. "We have few more hours to ride it seems" Adam said thoughtfully looking at the map.

Shu hummed in response. They took their meals and started their journey again it was almost nightfall when they reached their home. The whole city was buzzing with worry and fear when they arrive. The soldiers were evacuating the city. The common people were taken to safer places. Kids were crying from fear. They entered. "Home sweet home" Sisco muttered looking around.

The loud chattering fell into silence when they saw the arriving group. Some of them watched the group with respect as the others watched them in pure hatred. Shu didn't understand why they looked at them like they were some kind of pests even after they defeated Hearts and Phi and took back the two countries again. Shu got down as the others followed his suit. The soldiers bowed at them respectfully as they two princes pass them. There was no sign of the king and queen. "Probably getting ready to fight" Shu thought walking toward the castle when a little girl came running to him. 

"Sir" She said peering behind him as if to she's looking for someone. A woman came running after the girl. She gave Shu an apologetic look.

"Sorry my prince, she has grown impatient to see her dad"

Shu frowned. If her dad was a soldier of the army then he should've already arrived here. But if he didn't that means, a memory came flashing across his mind. That soldier who died on the war field should be her father Shu concluded sympathetically. 

"Sir" The girl tried again grabbing Shu's attention. "Did dad go with you? Where is he? Didn't he came to see me?"

Shu looked back almost everyone of the group despite how tired they are are helping the soldiers for the evacuation. Shu knelt beside the girl. "You're dad is a hero" He said placing a hand on the younger one's head.

The woman gasped behind him. She covered her mouth as silent tears flowed down her cheeks. Shu bit his lip and pulled out the dagger. He placed it on the girl's hand. "Here take this. Your dad wanted you to have this and also he wanted you to be  a hero just like him"

"just like him" The girl repeated looking at him. She hugged it tighter to her chest smiling not understanding that he just told her that her father was dead. "I'll be a hero"

Shu node getting up. "You two should go and join them"

The woman nodded taking the girl's hand as she disappeared into the crowd. Suddenly, a man lunged at him, Shu dodged instantly. The man held a knife in his hand one of the soldiers took him down. "You are attacking our prince". 

The man raised his head eyeing Shu in pure disgust. "He's not a prince, he's prophesied to betray us. What's the use of having an eyesore like this as the prince of Nebula" He yelled trying to escape from the tight grip of the soldier. 

"Mind your language" He yelled kneeing the man.

Xander walked to Shu. "What's going on?"

Shu lowered his eyes. "What did you just say? What prophecy?"

The man glowered in anger, he didn't speak another word as the soldiers took him away. Shu stared to the space. What's going on? He thought. Everyone does look at him with suspicion. What was that man talking about? Betraying his own land just felt foreign to him. Xander placed a hand on the albino's shoulder breaking him from his stance. "Everything alright?"