Down to Earth

Shu turned to Adam who was still in daze. He looked at Xander. "You take Free, I'll manage with Adam" He said.

Xander nodded helping Free to get on his back. Free first objected then when he realized that he can't even stand up straight he agreed. Shu spun on his heel to face Adam. Then he squatted down in front of him. "Get on"

Adam blinked. "No, You're hands are injured. I can't do that"

Shu huffed. "Oh come on Adam, We need to get out of here quick"

"Shu" Wakiya spoke up. "He's right any of us can-"

Shu cut him off. "NO, I can do it we don't have enough time to talk about this let's go Adam"

Adam sighed knowing that his brother wouldn't give up he got on his back. Shu got up balancing his brother. They all walked out of the snake pit. They headed to the forest. The sun was up. Even though it was the morning the forest was dark and gloomy. The little patches of lights reflecting through the trees were enough to see ahead of the road. They walked in silence. The nearer they got to the camp the nervous Shu felt. Others reaction wouldn't be good. They must be mad with him. Shu shook away the thoughts and glanced over his shoulder to see Adam's sleeping face. He smiled a bit. They save his and Free's life that's all what matters.

Free broke the silence. "Where are the others?". He asked looking at the sleeping Adam on Shu's back. "There might be a reason they aren't here right? Normally they would've been the once who wanted to come cause we've known for so long"

Wakiya answered. "There is a traitor among us. We couldn't risk your lives"

Free looked straight at Shu. "You think it's one of our team?"

Shu kept his eyes trained for the ground. "I don't want to believe it. But I didn't have any other option"

Free smiled gently. "Not your fault Shu, If Adam was there he would've done the same thing for you but" He continued. "The others wouldn't understand this so easily. You know that right?"

Shu nodded. "I know". His quite voice answered.

Valt quickened his pace to walk beside Shu. "Don't worry Shu we're all here with you. Let's explain everything to them together"

Shu gave Valt a small smile. They fell into silence again. If they have taken all of them with us this quietness wouldn't linger in the air. Everyone would be happy cause the east was under them now. But it was only half of them. Shu sighed taking another step forward. Slowly they arrived the camp. When they headed to the entrance everyone can see that the other half was waiting by the entrance. All of them looked pissed specially Sisco and Kurtz.

They stepped into the camp and as soon as they did Sisco was about to yell but Shu beat him to it. "I know you all are mad with me but Free and Adam needs rest. Wait till Christina take them to the tents and let's talk. Please"

Sisco tried to object but Ruway placed a hand on his shoulder and stopped him shaking his head lightly. Shu mumbled a thank you as he looked at Christina. She smiled at him unlike the others Shu also knew if someone were to understand him in this situation it would be Christina. Shu and Xander walked inside the tents and placed the boys on the temporary beds they had made.

"Shu, thanks for saving them" Christina said. Shu smiled at her slightly.

"Wish me luck. They are ready to murder me"

She chuckled. "Good luck"

Shu and Xander shared a glance and walked out. The moment Shu stepped out he wanted to go back in. The air was filled with tension. Everyone could sense that there would be a serious matter. Sisco grabbed Shu by his collars and slammed him on a nearby tree. Shu winced when his back collided with the rough tree.