Chapter 34

I look down at Hakuryuu as he knots his eyebrows in terrified state, he shuffled around as he starts mumbling gibberish.

I hope he's not having a bad dream...

I take a cloth and wipe his sweat off his forehead.

"No...no! NO!" Hakuryuu yells as he bolts up from his slumber.

"Are you alright?" I ask as I rub his back.

"We all made it through the paths." Aladdin mentions.

"(Y/n) carried you." Cassim adds.

"It was no biggie." I wave Cassim off. Hakuryuu gulps and tries to stand up, staggering.

"Let's go." He says bluntly.

"Oh, alright." I say concerningly as I stand up to grab my stuff.

We head out again, we continue down the long mossy hallway, when Zagan's voice booms again.

"Hey! You guys! It's me Zagan! You guys are doing pretty well! You all made it through the paths! Your strength impresses me. But one of you is struggling, he's unreliable and holding you back. I wonder...who can he be?" His voice plays a smirk, we all stay silent.

"Come now, I know you can hear me."

"I mean you! The one with the scar on your face!"

Hakuryuu!?

"They've carried you the whole way, you're a real nuisance! Do you have any right to be with them? You're totally incompetent! You're a weakling!" Zagan's voices drips in laughter as it fills the room, I look at Hakuryuu who looks down with his bangs covering his eyes.

"Hakuryuu, don't listen to him-" I start, he trembles. He looks up at me with tears eyes.

 He looks up at me with tears eyes

Eh?

I should've known, Hakuryuu is still weak inside.

I let out a small giggle, I straighten up when Cassim elbows me in the ribs, I scowl.

"Dammit! I'm doing my best! But I can't do it! Why!?" He cries.

"Hakuryuu...." I mumble his name when I start recalling my memories, I was sick often if I stayed outside too long, and stay in bed for months until I could actually feed myself, I always wondered.

Why me? Why am I the only one who doesn't have to strength to run, walk and go outside?

I look up in determination.

"Huhhh? Are you crying!? Is the weakling crying!?" Zagan muses.

"Shut up! Idiot! Freaky mask-face!" Hakuryuu yells at him angrily.

Woah.

"Hakuryuu! Calm down-" Alibaba was cut off when Hakuryuu growls at him, he grabs Alibaba by the collar, Cassim turns over and tries to pry him off his best friend.